Want to sell my Droid Bionic, how to deactivate or wipe SIM card??

txtdawgs

Reaction score
I am looking to sell my Droid Bionic, but I think the person who wants to buy it will need a clean SIM card. Can Verizon clear my data from the SIM Card? Is there a way to clear the sim card from the phone. I don't want issues down the road.

Any help would be appreciated.

xmguy

Reaction score
As far as I know SIM cards on VZW are married to the account. If you sell the phone the person buying the phone would need to call VZW and get them to send a SIM card for the phone. They (I think) just need the ESN to generate a SIM data. But you would NOT send the card with the phone.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Your sim card is attached to your phone number. Once you transfer your number back to a 3G phone then the sim card is dead.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
T

txtdawgs

Reaction score
Your sim card is attached to your phone number. Once you transfer your number back to a 3G phone then the sim card is dead.

Can someone reactivate the dead card for their account or do they have to get a new sim card from Verizon?

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Whom ever you sell the phone to, will have to get their own sim card yours will not work.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Can someone reactivate the dead card for their account or do they have to get a new sim card from Verizon?

It's dead. Will have to get a new one. Had to do that several times when I was switching between my X and Bionic.

OP
T

txtdawgs

Reaction score
Can you get a new SIM card at the corporate stores? Is there a cost for a new card?

Thanks for everyone's responses.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I know that sim cards cost $20 at Best Buy.

zcampbell101

Reaction score
I work at verizon and the way it works is that the person would have to get a new sim card. I give them to people but we are supposed to charge $3:icon_ banana:

jssmith76

Reaction score
I work at verizon and the way it works is that the person would have to get a new sim card. I give them to people but we are supposed to charge $3:icon_ banana:

I just bought a Bionic at the Swap Meet, but with no sim card. So all I need to do is go into a verizon store, buy me a sim card, and it will be good to go?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've done it a few times and never been charged - at a VZW corporate store. Best Buy won't do it unless they have a phone sale to attach it to, at least that's what my local Best Buy told me when I tried.

rwking

Reaction score

Does this mean I can't go on the VZW website and switch between my Bionic and Droid1... say, if I was going to a theme park and didn't want to risk losing or damaging my Bionic? I kept it thinking I could just switch between them when necessary. :-/

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does this mean I can't go on the VZW website and switch between my Bionic and Droid1... say, if I was going to a theme park and didn't want to risk losing or damaging my Bionic? I kept it thinking I could just switch between them when necessary. :-/

Every time you switch from your Bionic (or any LTE phone) to a normal 3G phone, the SIM card dies and if you want to activate the LTE phone again, you have to go get another SIM card. I know this from experience... :icon_eek: Not as easy as when they were all basic 3G phones!

Versatile1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Switching between LTE phones will be real easy though.