Want to see Droid system drive on PC

KLund1

Reaction score
I have an ordinal Droid. Been getting messages that storage is near full. I've deleted all text msg threads, cleared all cache I can find, cleared logs. And still only have about 27mb left in main phone storage. Pictures are on SD card. Total apps mem usage is about .4gb. I went down the list of the 67 app in The Phone and add Them up on a Calculator to about .4 gb. Deleted downloaded files, but those seem to be on the sd card. almost 14 gigs are used up somewhere on the internal memory. I need to find out what that is selected then delete it or move it.
When I connect phone to a PC I can only see files on SD card. I want to see files in main phone memory. So I can find what is eating up the storage.
How can I do that?
I read about "rooting" the phone. I don;t want to do that, it looks a bit above my computer knowledge. Besides, it looks like it only works with x86 not x64 win7. I just want to find out what's taking up so much space and then move it to the SD card or I can delete it with my Astro file manager in the phone. I have a good program in my computer called WINDIR that can tell me which files are taking up the most space. Astro file manager doesn't show file sizes of directories so I can't find out which directories have the files that are taking up so much space.
anyone have any good ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:

Bullwinkle

Reaction score
Have you checked your email trash folders? They got me big time a while back. Had a few biggish attachments lurking in there.

Last edited:
OP
K

KLund1

Reaction score
Bullwinkle thanks
where's the system directory for the trash

billyidle

Reaction score
It would be quite impossible to have 14 gigs taken up on your OG Droid's internal memory by the way...

OP
K

KLund1

Reaction score
I think I see what the problem is. The DROID only has about 260MB of usable internal phone storage. The rest is kept on the SD card. I think the Droid only holds apps and text mgs there so it can fill up. If I use AppMoster to move some of less used apps (that permit it) to the SD card, I think I should be fine.
----
Just moved all that can be moved to SD card and they still seem to work, I have note text all features, but they run. I now have about 55MB free in the phone out of 261.75.
And I do not get that error message.
Thanks