Wannabe Newbie

Shill

Reaction score
Hey guys, just paid for my droid X today. Was/will be 99.99 after my $100 mail in rebate. It is backordered as most of you probably know. I am excited to get ahold of it when it gets here. Anything I should know to do first thing it arrives? Activate ofcourse. Pair it with all my bluetooth devices, upgrade OS. 2.2 should be out by then, send in rebate. Probably a case and/or a screen protector. What do you guys think of the bodyglove case? Does it protect the screen very well? What are some great games/apps I should look for? and of course. I am a cheap skate, where are all the free apps? Looks to have a decent price on the bodyglove case at newegg. Saw some carbon fiber decals on amazon. Anyone know of a carbon fiber case though? figured that would be neat. Anyways, bye for now. Looking forward to joining the community when I can officially call myself a droid user.

-Spencer

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Good to have you with us. Check out the entire X section in the forum. There are sections for FAQ, general discussion, technical issues, and accessories.

Mike

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum :)

I would suggest Seidio or Otterbox for cases both online companies

OP
S

Shill

Reaction score
The salesman started showing me the new Samsung that was released a few weeks ago. Said they had it in stock if i'd rather take that home instead of waiting. After looking into it, should I go back and take that offer? I know the grass is always greener on the other side, but which is your guys opinions?

Droid X vs Samsung Fascinate

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
This all depends on what your intentions with the device are, do you plan to root the phone and run custom ROM's or is it just going to be a phone ?

The big differences between the two

4.3 v/s 4.0 inch screen

Motorola v/s Samsung

Locked Bootloader v/s Unlocked Bootloader

The X being the device with the locked bootloader

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't worry. As soon as your X arrives, like the rest of us, you'll become addicted and your knowledge base will increase.

Mike

OP
S

Shill

Reaction score
I'd rather not get my X and then realize I would rather get the fascinate and pay the $35 restocking fee to switch.

As in roms, I used to be big into modding xboxes and had tons of emulators. If I was able to get emulators on my phone, I would be uber stoked. That would justify me switching. I'd assume anything that is locked can be unlocked somehow, so is there really a big difference? Only thing I know of would be the OLED vs LCD. where OLED has much finer resolution and higher quality.

OP
S

Shill

Reaction score
I will be starting a new thread with all my questions, as I'd assume not many people browse the newbie section. Atleast my experience in many other forums.