Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
goBeVly.jpg

Most of you probably know by now that on July 15, Amazon will be hosting a massive "Bigger than Black Friday" sale called Prime Day. Well today, Walmart announced that starting Wednesday, they will offer thousands of new online-only "rollback deals" and lower its free shipping minimum order to $35 from $50. Walmart's sale period will run for multiple days unlike Amazon's one day sale.

Fernando Madeira, president and CEO of Walmart.com, said the following in a statement on a company blog:
We've heard some retailers are charging $100 to get access to a sale. But the idea of asking customers to pay extra in order to save money just doesn't add up for us.

We're standing up for our customers and everyone else who sees no rhyme or reason for paying a premium to save.

Walmart did not say what items will be discounted, but you can pretty safely assume that there'll be something for everyone.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it's online only their online, service is a disaster at best from my experience.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
If it's online only their online, service is a disaster at best from my experience.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
Personally, I've never had any issues with online orders from Walmart.com. Whether it was shipped to home or store pick up.

Powarun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Personally, I've never had any issues with online orders from Walmart.com. Whether it was shipped to home or store pick up.
In-store pick up is way too slow at my location. That and it seems like their turnover rate is terrible at Walmart never get the same person, and they always have to get a manager to help them out. Amazon Prime is a service that I think is worth it, not just for the shipping.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
In-store pick up is way too slow at my location. That and it seems like their turnover rate is terrible at Walmart never get the same person, and they always have to get a manager to help them out. Amazon Prime is a service that I think is worth it, not just for the shipping.
I usually get a notice within 2 hours of item ready for pick up when it's in stock at store. A few days if not. I do agree that Prime is worth it. I've been a member for a few years now and take advantage of next day or 2 day shipping. And love the no hassle returns.

Reactions: cr6

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I don't shop at Wal-Mart in person or online.

However, I do love when companies take legit shots at each other and this "We've heard some retailers are charging $100 to get access to a sale." is ab-so-freaking priceless! Nice shot WalMart!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've dealt with them 3 times. The third fiasco was strike 3 for me. Said they had it in store, got the email it was ready, got there and no record of transaction could be found AND they didn't have it so they "rush shipped" one to the store. Order got shipped to wrong distribution center, then got lost so they "rush shipped" another one that sat in the distribution center , correct one anyway, for 2 weeks because they couldn't locate it. Finally showed up to store after 6 weeks. It was a computer desk for my daughter and she kept saying she'd wait is the only reason I didn't cancel the order.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I've dealt with them 3 times. The third fiasco was strike 3 for me. Said they had it in store, got the email it was ready, got there and no record of transaction could be found AND they didn't have it so they "rush shipped" one to the store. Order got shipped to wrong distribution center, then got lost so they "rush shipped" another one that sat in the distribution center , correct one anyway, for 2 weeks because they couldn't locate it. Finally showed up to store after 6 weeks. It was a computer desk for my daughter and she kept saying she'd wait is the only reason I didn't cancel the order.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
Yikes. Pretty crappy experience there. I don't blame you for feeling that way about them then.

Sent from my Xperia Z3

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yikes. Pretty crappy experience there. I don't blame you for feeling that way about them then.

Sent from my Xperia Z3
First 2 times weren't that dramatic but items did take 2 weeks, and 5 weeks to get to the store.
I guess I was just meant to in store shop at brick and mortar stores

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4