Wallpaper won't stay, switches back

cforero83

Reaction score
I've been having some problems with my wallpaper - I'm not sure if I installed some app that affected my Droid or what, but now, when i change the wallpaper, it will only stay on the new wallpaper/picture for some time (maybe 30 minutes to an hour) before it reverts to the same black and blue wallpaper, time and time again. I've tried different pictures and wallpapers, restarting, and getting rid of a couple apps that I thought might have been causing the problem. I haven't yet discovered what causes it to switch back - has anyone else had this problem, or know how i could fix this without doing a hard reset and erasing my phone? Thanks!

LuN3yDaV3

Reaction score
Do you have Locale installed? I think there is a setting in there for wallpaper that makes it change based on your location. I don't have that app, but could be the issue.

OP
cforero83

cforero83

Reaction score
Hmm...I did just open up Locale and mess with the app a bit, and when i exited, lo and behold, the wallpaper was switched back again. Sounds like you're onto something with this - I'm gonna explore further. Thanks for the lead!

OP
cforero83

cforero83

Reaction score
LuN3yDaV3 - finally got around to changing the Locale settings...that was totally it! Thanks for the advice.

FrenchDame

Reaction score
Live Wallpaper on Desire won't set

Where can I find "locale" and once Im there what am I suppose to change or do to it to make my live wallpaper stay?