Removal of live wallpapers widget

bbohannon

Reaction score
I must be retarded but I cannot figure out how to remove my "live wallpapers" widget, or any widget for that matter. I never use the widget and every time I go into Locale and try to add a wallpaper per a situation, it gives me the error "Due to restrictions in Android, the Wallpaper setting cannot support live wallpapers." It will then allow me to to select another application to choose my wallpaper to which I obviously use the stock app "Gallery." Once I crop the picture to set as my wallpaper, it goes back to the main pictures folder and does not save it. I go back to locale and the wallpaper is never selected. This problem only occurred after I installed live wallpapers. I have attempted re-installing locale to no avail. Help!

Last edited:

jesserocket01

Reaction score
are you talking about just removing it from the screen its on Im sure you know how to do that long press and drag down to trash but cant you remove it in the settings and manage applications

OP
B

bbohannon

Reaction score
are you talking about just removing it from the screen its on Im sure you know how to do that long press and drag down to trash but cant you remove it in the settings and manage applications

I of course know how to remove the icon off a homescreen, but I am having issues removing the actual program live wallpapers itself. It does not appear in my installed applications screen when I hit manage applications. I know its on there somewhere because I am getting this error in Locale.

lchavez289

Reaction score

I of course know how to remove the icon off a homescreen, but I am having issues removing the actual program live wallpapers itself. It does not appear in my installed applications screen when I hit manage applications. I know its on there somewhere because I am getting this error in Locale.
You can't delete the stock preinstalled apps. The reason it's not in installed is because you didn't install it.

OP
B

bbohannon

Reaction score

You can't delete the stock preinstalled apps. The reason it's not in installed is because you didn't install it.

At one point I did in fact install this as an app. I'm afraid for some reason it has become part of the OS.

Either way, Locale used to not have this problem. Why am I having this issue?

nikkik

Reaction score
This made me laugh out load (a little embarassing since I'm sitting by myself!). I have had the same issue with news and weather widget. I added it, then later removed from home screen. But its still automatically starting it up, as I see it in my "task killer" app. I kill it and it immediately re-opens. It does not appear under "manage applications." I'm not sure how to uninstall it.

wdprice3

Reaction score
1.) The LiveWallpaper and Weather widgets come preloaded, as a part of the OS. You can't uninstall them from the applications menu. You said you downloaded them... well maybe you can, but you already had them.

2.) If you want to remove/disable them, you will need to root your phone, then either rename the app or delete it (not recommended).

3.) Easy on the task killers. Android is coded to open/use apps/info as need and to anticipate what you will need. If it's opening up, then it's opening for a reason. And you can use a task killer to kill these apps as much as you want, but if Android wants to open them, it will. So there is no need to continually kill tasks, as they will open back up if needed. In addition, you are probably worsening your battery life and hurting your phone's performance by using a task killer improperly. Task killers have a certain, correct way to be used; one of which is not killing tasks all willy nilly. If you're pretty much the average user (not tech-savvy, etc) then you might as well uninstall the task killer. I don't care what the VZW rep tells you, he/she is wrong. In short, task killers are good for killing a malfunctioning/non-responsive app.

Last edited:

nikkik

Reaction score
Thanks for the info -- no rooting for me! I'll keep what I have and ignore the widget that I don't use. And I'll try to limit my task killing to once a day. :)

Thanks much!

XDROID73

Reaction score
Settings>Application Settings>Manage Applications> Tap Wallpaper you want to remove> Select Uninstall.........DONE!!!! YOUR WELCOME!!!