Wallpaper Question

Future24

Reaction score
It seems like when I put a picture of my own as the background, its really really really zoomed in on the picture. Also theres no way I can select the whole pictures and have it seem normal? Its just really blurry and zoomed and big...how do I fix this. Also it stretches slightly over the different screens.

DRMMR02

Reaction score
What are the dimensions of the picture you want to use? As far as I know, if they are smaller than Androids default screen size, the system will stretch the picture to fill the whole background. I know that when I have photos that are larger than the default screen size, Android allows me to pick which section of the picture to use as the wallpaper. I would suggest using a high resolution version of the pic you want as your wallpaper and see if it doesn't clear up your problem.

OP
F

Future24

Reaction score
It seems like even the default wallpapers they are giving me are doing the same now.

Goalier95

Reaction score
Is it possible to have a single image of a vertical 854 x 480 resolution be the same on all home screens? Every time I swipe to a different home screen a part of the wallpaper "shifts" too. Can the Android wallpaper setting just show the whole image on a single screen?

xMercury

Reaction score
Is it possible to have a single image of a vertical 854 x 480 resolution be the same on all home screens? Every time I swipe to a different home screen a part of the wallpaper "shifts" too. Can the Android wallpaper setting just show the whole image on a single screen?

I have not been able to find an option to disable wallpaper scrolling with the stock launcher. I use LauncherPro though, which has an option to do exactly this under Appearance Settings.

The stock launcher isn't bad by any means, but LauncherPro just has so many other useful features.

Fuimusbruce

Reaction score
I use launcher pro as well and I disabled scrolling, but that doesnt resolve the issue of it spreading the picture across all three screens. It just doesnt scroll to the rest of the picture now.

I want the wallpaper picture to stay the same and in size for all three screens just like live wallpapers do.

aas029

Reaction score
smart phone wallpaper

Hi

Same problem here no matter what image size is used.

Is there any workaround for the wallpaper problem on Android/Droid?

This is my first 'smart phone'.

You would think that someone smart who developed a smart phone must have thought that a user would want to set a picture as the wallpaper and doesn't want it to be spread across multiple screens and not visible correctly in any of them.

The only way I work around this for now is to adopt to the current stupidity. I just prepare the image in a way where what I want to see in the middle home screen is at the center of a bigger image which I set as wallpaper.

valkyrie8683

Reaction score
I screwed up. I'm no longer able to use my photos as wallpaper. Please help, post a message on my profile.

anewday

Reaction score

I also want to know this but for the original Droid. :D