Wall Charger Issues

jmaz

Reaction score
I am trying to buy a second wall charger for my Motorola Droid. The one that came with the phone works fine. I purchased 2 different ones and I have the same problem with both. When I plug it in the phone, the phone starts acting all screwy, apps start opening by themselves, the phone vibrates. When I unplug it, it's fine. I tried them on another droid and it does the same thing. Do I have to buy a certain wall charger for use with my phone? These 2 were advertised for the Motorola Droid. Or did I just get 2 bad ones? Or is the phone the issue?

The.Dark.God

Reaction score
Are the ones you purchased name brand Motorola ones or both off-brand? I'd imagine it has something to do with the manufacturer.

OP
J

jmaz

Reaction score
They are not Motorola brand. I would like to buy the same exact one that came with the phone but I am unable to find it.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Now to be honest, here, I haven't even opened the wall chargers that came with the DROID, all my BB Storm chargers and car adapters all fit the Droid. So I can't comment on them. I am using a Verizon Combo Car/wall charger, and the stock Storm Chargers (2) I have noticed nothing but love coming from my Droid !! Let us know if you find out what the problem is or was.

MrTommy

Reaction score
OEM charges work best

I experienced the same thing with some left-over aftermarket chargers that DID work with my old LG enV2. I'd plug my Droid into them and the screen would start going goofy. Stuff flashing by wildly. I'd plug my factory charger in and everything was fine.

Now, fast forward a bit to trying the "factory plugs" that came with my enV2 - and they work fine. I've got several old enV2 (original) chargers around, both wall and car, and they work fine. But two of the chargers my wife got on eBay (that worked fine with the LG's), DON'T work with the Droid. So, I'd say it has something to do with the quality of the aftermarket chargers (probably some, not all) we buy. Sounds like a hit or miss thing. But as long as you stick with the factory ones that COME with various phones, I think you're ok.

I'm just sayin'... :happy:

Last edited: