Vzw tech support hiring?

Reaction score
How much do they pay their tech support? Because I'm far more knowledge than every single tech support person I've talked to.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
They don't.

Support techs are by outside contractor, and they don't pay well.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
They don't.

where did you get this information?

There are three call centers here in the Tampa Florida area and all three of them have tech support departments they all are direct verizon wireless employee's. These are some of the best trained people at verizon to be in tech support there is 18 weeks of training half of which is device training. I know all this because i have several friends in tech support for verizon wireless and my fiancee used to be an assistant store manager at a verizon wireless corporate store.. I interviewed with them for a second job while the fishing season was slow. Ill agree they don't pay worth a crap, they only offered me 16.50 an hour which i refused since that would be a waste of my time.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
They don't.

There are three call centers here in the Tampa Florida area and all three of them have tech support departments they all are direct verizon wireless employee's.

Thats level 2 techs. I have a friend that works in one of those. The techs that you get when you call are outsourced, thats been common knowledge for a while now.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
In one of my previous classes there was a tech department manager that told me he often refers people to the RS here because we give better support than they do.

sent from somewhere...

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
In one of my previous classes there was a tech department manager that told me he often refers people to the RS here because we give better support than they do.

sent from somewhere...

I give better support than they do and I've only had a smart phone for 3 months.... kinda sad.

Granted, i dove in head first and learned all i can but still...

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
$16.50 is actually well above the industry average. When I quit technical support with a local carrier, I was only making $13.52 after five years.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
They can't afford me ... :) Guess I'll stick to LAN administration, or flying heli's, or both hehehe.

OP
R
Reaction score
I'm a freshman in college, making 8.25 per hour, id go apply but there are no call centers anywhere near my area....this sucks.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
They don't.

There are three call centers here in the Tampa Florida area and all three of them have tech support departments they all are direct verizon wireless employee's.

Thats level 2 techs. I have a friend that works in one of those. The techs that you get when you call are outsourced, thats been common knowledge for a while now.

Correct. The ones in the corporate stores are usually Flextronics, not VZW employees.

This thread has been Thunder struck!

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Correct. The ones in the corporate stores are usually Flextronics, not VZW employees.

This thread has been Thunder struck!
I love the misinformation people post as fact when they really have no idea, and people read it as fact.

To the person who said when you call in for tech support that they are outsourced, that's not true. The call center I worked in had a full floor that was dedicated tech support that are VZW employees. You don't get hired into tech support entry level with VZW either in the corporate call center environment. You are promoted into that job. In other words, you do your time answering all calls, activating a phone, swapping phones around on the lines, billing inquiries, etc. and you then apply for the tech jobs when they come up.

If you're talking about the in-store techs, yes, like DroidDOES said, they're usually Flextronics employees - not corporate VZW techs.