need help proposing to my girlfriend

droidoesall

Reaction score
Hello every one,

My name is ivan and like you I am an android fanatic. And like the lucky few, i have a wonderful girl that supports and enjoys my passion in all things tech,

Now down to business. I need your guys help. I want to propose to my gf in a special android way. I need some ideas. I've seen many things online from fake commercials in theaters to crazy Disney theatrics at Disneyland. I've even thought of paying someone to write a simple app to help with my proposal

If any of you guys can help with an idea. Or even help make a custom theme for her rooted DX that would be great. Yes I will reward you for your help and pay/donate a reasonable amount of cash.

Since me and my gf both like android/Google and dislike iPhone/apple I thought of making a clever android commercial that pokes fun of apple's "if you don't have an iPhone" commercial. That would be awesome.

A little about us. I work for Verizon wireless tech support. And she is in customer service. Ask me if you have anymore questions.

I really hope you guys will help me.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
You don't need anything special.
All you need is her, and a ring.

Even the ring is optional lol.

But hopefully someone else can help you more.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
To be honest, I doubt you should go with the whole android thing...from my (inexperienced perhaps?) View, I think you should just propose to her in a way that makes her feel like the most important person in the world. Don't toss in another element that might possibly make her feel like she's second to something. But this is just my opinion, and I could be wrong, so y'never know. At any rate, I wish you all the luck and happiness in the world.

Sent from somewhere in a strangereal world.

yiannis

Reaction score
I think your idea is cool and even if it's not the most romantic one it wins on originality! Sorry I can't help more.

AlexSB

Reaction score
How about leaving little notes on her DX (there's plenty of apps for that) that describe step by step what she should do (like leaving little things for her to find like to letter you have written, maybe a gift you bought her, and make the final step something like "meet me at _______ we have reservation at 12." and you'll be waiting to propose)

God bless and I hope everything turns out well for you guys =)

AWESOMEbolt

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Moved to off topic section.

Beka27

Reaction score
It could be as simple as you having a romantic scene set-up and then you text her to come meet you outside or wherever... The more you try and put into it, the more that could potentially go wrong, so keep that in mind too.

OP
droidoesall

droidoesall

Reaction score
Thank u all for the ideas. I am kinda liking my own idea for the ccommercial. I think she will find it hilarious as I do. But like some of u have mentioned the more I do the more that can go wrong. The thing with sendingher puzzles that will lead her to a romantic proposal is simple enough and effectiv. A good back up plan

comk4ver

Reaction score
Isn't a proposal complicated enough without trying to make it harder already? Just saying keep it simple you the girl a ring and maybe some food... Classic my friend you can't go wrong!
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
droidoesall

droidoesall

Reaction score
Wow that article definitely helps thanks. I think I'm gonna make the commercial and see if I can make an app with that program they mention. Something simple