VZW Insurance?

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
Problem with a franchised store I'd that they come and go. If they "go" and you need the insurance, you will have to fight for it. The Assurion coverage (the insurance company most cell carriers are using) covers theft/loss/water damage. There I'd an $89.00 deductible.

tdawg5480

Reaction score
The franchised store goes through a insurance company Im not too worried if this store goes under been around for years, besides at I only use insurance rarely and I never have the same phone for more than 6 7 months lol

J-Buck

Reaction score
I know its 2 claims per year, but you still have to pay for replacement. I think its like 89 dollar for each replacement.

BTW, 3 claims for 18 months is correct.
50$ for the replacement

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
-1 for insurance. $8.00 a month is too steep fer me as I know how I treat my things and the chance of them being damaged to the point where I can't use 'em. Like others, I have other phones which still work just fine and they didn't have insurance.

- Mega

Signum

Reaction score
you're all wrong, wrong wrong

its 7.99/month with a 89$ deductible

2 claims per rolling 12 months, or $1500 claim limit, whichever comes first.

think im wrong? go ahead and call asurion 888-881-2622 or phoneclaim.com/verizon.

J-Buck

Reaction score
naw i get a new phone for 50, but i never have to pay cuz i know how to make them think its an internal problem which for that u dont have to pay. and i get 3 claims for 18 months... i check earlier today.

thxceej

Reaction score
Here is how I look at it...

Lets say the phone lasts 6 months before I break it, at $8 per month that is a total of $64 of insurance paid into the phone during that 6 months and then add on the deductible, say $75 and you are paying a total of $139 to replace a phone in 6 months that is already down to $119 at some retailers... usually if you just agree to another 2 year contract extension on a damaged phone they will give you the discount rate, at least they have for me 3 times in about as many years...

Best of luck to you whichever route you choose.

xjman349

Reaction score
you're all wrong, wrong wrong

its 7.99/month with a 89$ deductible

2 claims per rolling 12 months, or $1500 claim limit, whichever comes first.

think im wrong? go ahead and call asurion 888-881-2622 or phoneclaim.com/verizon.

This is the most correct but 7.99 is for the TEC. Total Equipment Coverage. That is insurance, and extra year of manufacture warranty. Just the Insurance is $6.00.

If you want more information on the insurance options you have look here.

Calling Features: Total Equipment Coverage

craigs93

Reaction score
Keep in mind the Total cost of Replacement

When you lose or break your phone before the New Every Two is up, you have to pay the CASH price for replacement. Your $149.00 phone is now $549.00! The insurance pays for itself if used only once. Keep this in mind.

Droids

Reaction score
I've never lost or damaged a cell phone yet so skipping the insurance was a no-brainer. A week after owning it, the Droid popped out of my swivel holster as I was exiting my truck. It fell on it's face on an asphalt parking lot. Lots of scratches and the edge of the glass is chipped in three places. One of those chips has now developed into a crack.

I feel like the Droid is bigger, heavier than any other phone I've had, it's more likely to fall at some point. Due to it's mass when it does fall it's going to take a harder hit.

I called in and added insurance to my account. I know for sure I'm going to need to use it soon, as more cracks develop. Once the phone is a year old and the retail cost for a replacement has come down, or Droid v2 is out, I'll drop the insurance or upgrade to a new model.

I think it's wise to carry the insurance for the first 6 months or so, until you're used to the heft of this phone, had some experience with dropping it, and are truly comfortable in thinking that you could never damage it. You can cancel the insurance anytime you like.

gdoane

Reaction score
I plan on carrying insurance for the first year, and if something happens to the phone in the second (uninsured) year I'll just reactivate one of my old phones for the remainder of the contract and limp along to the finish line.

mike

Reaction score
I bought Best Buy's insurance which is pretty steep at $10.99/mo. They have no deductible, no limit on the amount of claims. When I had BB I had Verizon's insurance and used it once when I dropped my phone in a puddle. I had a $50 deductible and got a refurb phone back that was a piece of junk - two keys quit working in a couple months time, etc. I decided to go with Best Buy's insurance because you get new equipment and it will be a long time before you can get a Droid for cheap on eBay.

mwinne

Reaction score
I also am very careful with my things, never buy insurance on any device, and still have every phone that I ever owned. All in immaculate shape, except the one that was on my belt when I slipped and fell, and landed right on the screen. **** happens, I got the insurance for the DROID :heart::motdroidvert:

longboat

Reaction score
I bought Best Buy's insurance which is pretty steep at $10.99/mo. They have no deductible, no limit on the amount of claims. When I had BB I had Verizon's insurance and used it once when I dropped my phone in a puddle. I had a $50 deductible and got a refurb phone back that was a piece of junk - two keys quit working in a couple months time, etc. I decided to go with Best Buy's insurance because you get new equipment and it will be a long time before you can get a Droid for cheap on eBay.

I thought about BB but after reading their forum posts it appears a lot of people that submit claims on their phones are waiting over a month to get them back! They don't seem happy about it. I don't want to use a lesser loaner phone.