VZW employee with an attitude?

mkthnx001

Reaction score
So I am currently on my 3rd Droid.

I returned my first one, which I ordered the original release date, because of the keyboard coming undone/unglued. I returned my second one for the same reason. However, when returning the second one, I was assisted by the same VZW employee as the first time (an elderly woman).

The woman acted as if I was purposely doing damage to my Droid. She was asking things like "Where do you leave your phone?" I also made a remark when first approaching her saying "Can you believe this happened again?", and she replies with "No, I cannot..." in a smart-*** kind of way. She made it seem like I was trying to con my way into getting a new Droid, when I wasn't.

Anywho, I noticed yesterday that my current Droid's screen is loose ( when texting, etc. ) after I decided to use my phone without a case for the front, but just for the back.

Well, I would really like to return my Droid for another, but am worried I will run into the same employee again.

Any suggestions? What if it is her again, and she refuses to exchange my phone, or something along those lines?

Any help is appreciated; thanks in advance!

P.S.: When leaving the store the second time, another (younger) woman that helped my sister get a new phone on the first visit made a comment saying something like "Next time you need something, come to me!" I'm guessing she knew of the elderly woman's attitude? If only all employees could be like this one. :/

Last edited:

ZBoater

Reaction score
When leaving the store the second time, another (younger) woman that helped my sister get a new phone on the first visit made a comment saying something like "Next time you need something, come to me!"

Or you could do THAT. And if she is cute enough, you can ask her for her number. :)

OP
M

mkthnx001

Reaction score
Any other ideas? I shouldn't have to waste gas money just because someone has an attitude. :/

Didn't pay $199.99 for nothing. :p

nagmier

Reaction score
or you could ask to speak to the PITA employees boss and complain... not like she should be getting away with that in a customer service position

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
or you could ask to speak to the PITA employees boss and complain... not like she should be getting away with that in a customer service position

^This is the right answer.

OP
M

mkthnx001

Reaction score
Well, I completely forgot about just calling the insurance company, and having a new one shipped.

And yes, there is the other woman, but she isn't positioned in the customer service area of the establishment, but it would be worth a shot anyway. I think I'll go with the latter idea, as it takes 2 days for shipping, and that would require me to wait until Monday, or Tuesday.

I also think I'll be contacting Verizon to file a complaint on the bad employee as well.

Thanks for all the help!

Signum

Reaction score
Well, I completely forgot about just calling the insurance company, and having a new one shipped.

And yes, there is the other woman, but she isn't positioned in the customer service area of the establishment, but it would be worth a shot anyway. I think I'll go with the latter idea, as it takes 2 days for shipping, and that would require me to wait until Monday, or Tuesday.

I also think I'll be contacting Verizon to file a complaint on the bad employee as well.

Thanks for all the help!

you can file as many complaints as you want, nothings gonna happen. there is no complaint department

EbE404

Reaction score
The woman acted as if I was purposely doing damage to my Droid. She was asking things like "Where do you leave your phone?" I also made a remark when first approaching her saying "Can you believe this happened again?", and she replies with "No, I cannot..." in a smart-*** kind of way. She made it seem like I was trying to con my way into getting a new Droid, when I wasn't.
:/

My two bits. Obviously, I don't know the details of the exchange here, but I don't think it's unusual to ask legitimate questions about how you use or handle your phone with a failure like this-as long as it's done with respect and courtesy (sounds like it wasn't here).

Everybody has bad days, and perhaps she was having a bad one and was not being as pleasant to you as she could/should have been. Customer service can be a tough gig, and perhaps you just stumbled on a bad day for her.

If you really feel that that this is a physical or manufacturing defect-something that is covered under the warranty, then take it back to the store. You're right, you should not have to burn extra gas to return a bad phone.

Whatever rep you get (same woman or not), be nice and explain in detail what happened, why you believe you should get an exchange, and the history of the phone (these repeated failures do seem unusual to me for the Droid). If they take care of you, your good. If they don't, or you get unwarranted attitude, ask to speak to the manager.

Rule number one for situations like this with CS reps is always be nice. You may be pissed off at the phone, but it's not their fault. They are there to help you get it resolved. Also, since they spend a lot of time dealing with angry or dissatisfied people, you would be surprised how being nice can get you better (sometimes much better) service. It always amazes me how abusive some people can be to CS reps (not you, but maybe the customer she helped right before you), people game the system, etc.

So, maybe she was having a bad day, in which case pleasantness and humor will probably help.

Or, maybe she's just a *****, in which case the manager should be able to resolve it.

cosmonaut

Reaction score
Don't be intimidated. Go back to the store and get you another phone. What's it to her? She ain't paying your bill.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
there is also the option of calling customer service, explain what happened and they will most likely just send you another phone and you would send that one in. That way if you just dont want to deal with that person or the hassle of getting someone else, you can take care of it from the comforts of your own home. Just another option.

brando56894

Reaction score
Customer service can be a tough gig, and perhaps you just stumbled on a bad day for her.

Rule number one for situations like this with CS reps is always be nice.... you would be surprised how being nice can get you better (sometimes much better) service. It always amazes me how abusive some people can be to CS reps (not you, but maybe the customer she helped right before you), people game the system, etc.

You hit the nail on the head buddy, I've had CS jobs in one form or another for the past 8 or 9 years and absolutely hate it (well most CS jobs, working in my campus's pc lab is awesome). The main thing that I hate is people can be a complete a$$ to you and you have to be all nice and cheery to them even though they are screaming at the top of their lungs and complaining about something stupid (most of the time, this isnt directed at the OP). I once had this woman yell at me up and down when I worked at Family Dollar because a picture frame was originally $5 and it was supposed to be half off and instead of being marked $2.50 it was $3. I was so pissed off at her I had to go get my manager to talk to her for me because I was about a nanometer away from flipping out on her.

As for your issue, go to the same store and if she gives you an attitude speak to the manager.