VZW cell tower issue

jazzcat

Reaction score
While I have written about my problems with multiple droids, and have admitted that one issue was "user error", and other issues were magnified by overzealous customer service from vzw, there is news to report.

Verizon has again called me to say that their field techs have found interference at the nearest tower, especially between 8am to 5pm.

More importantly, they have either removed or disabled the "carrier" on the actual tower for repair or replacement.

Meanwhile, my phone would be directed to another nearby tower.

They apologized, as it appears that my problems can be attributed to signal problems and not a device problem.

It may also be why I had problems with my blackberry, as they pointed out.
The senior tech manager(or whatever her title was), said that Verizon should have been more vigilant in checking their signal, rather than replacing devices.

More followup on Monday.

LrdElderon

Reaction score
While I have written about my problems with multiple droids, and have admitted that one issue was "user error", and other issues were magnified by overzealous customer service from vzw, there is news to report.

Verizon has again called me to say that their field techs have found interference at the nearest tower, especially between 8am to 5pm.

More importantly, they have either removed or disabled the "carrier" on the actual tower for repair or replacement.

Meanwhile, my phone would be directed to another nearby tower.

They apologized, as it appears that my problems can be attributed to signal problems and not a device problem.

It may also be why I had problems with my blackberry, as they pointed out.
The senior tech manager(or whatever her title was), said that Verizon should have been more vigilant in checking their signal, rather than replacing devices.

More followup on Monday.

sounds pretty much exactly like my problem except i haven't gotten a confirmation call back from a tech to see if it is the tower or not. I don't see any other reason why the house would go from complete full speed coverage to zippo. the bills been paid..etc so im in the same boat as you i think.