VZ Navigator monthly cost?

WorstPlyrEver

Reaction score
Hey all,

1st of hey to all. To let you know im not sure if im posting this in the right place but ill ask it. I was woundering if you have to pay for the monthly cost for the VZ Navigator on the droid x? i know its free to download but im not 100% sure if i have to pay the monthly cost. If anyone knows plz let me know.

Thanks for the help guys and gals

klipsch2345

Reaction score
The Navigation built into android is much better and free. Why wouldn't you just use that?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Navigation built into android is much better and free. Why wouldn't you just use that?

True; my last phone was a Voyager and I had it. While it's nice, Google Maps and other apps will do the same thing for free.

OP
W

WorstPlyrEver

Reaction score
Haven't use it

I just found out today there is a free gps on the phone (I know im a slow learner lol). But i was looking at some of the apps on my phone and saw the VZ Navigator was on there and wasnt sure if i should go ahead and use it. I just wasnt sure if the VZ Navigator was free or not. but i know now =D

iHad a G1

Reaction score
google navigation is better in most cases (Although I use VZ navigator in the boonies), what truly makes it special is when you get to (or very near) you see the location in street view, the only way I found that pesky Starbucks in Goldsboro, NC (It was hidden... for real)

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just found out today there is a free gps on the phone (I know im a slow learner lol). But i was looking at some of the apps on my phone and saw the VZ Navigator was on there and wasnt sure if i should go ahead and use it. I just wasnt sure if the VZ Navigator was free or not. but i know now =D

Yeah, it's like Verizon Voice Mail; it costs $2.99 a month, but Google Voice will do the same thing for free.

chanatown

Reaction score
I feel that Google Navigation is one of those things that often gets overlooked when reviews do those spec comparisons between Android and iPhone. Coming from the iPhone, I had to settle on 3rd party applications for turn-by-turn GPS. The best GPS apps (on the iPhone) are the paid ones and they are not cheap.

I just used Nav for the first time yesterday, and it was awesome. Sure, the voice could use some work, but it got me where I wanted and with style (street view!). My wife then used it cold (without experience) later in the day and she too loved it.

+1 (a big one) for Droid!

techguru

Reaction score
Currently, VZ Nav maps are a little more accurate than Google maps. But probably not $120/year more accurate.

Spinninghorse

Reaction score
Hey, I don't know about that. I used VZ Navigator on my Moto Q 9c for the past 2 yrs. I live on a gravel road (rural), been here about 10 yrs, and VZ Navigator could not take me home, always told me to make a u-turn. Droid X with Navigator/Google Maps took me right to my door.

iHad a G1

Reaction score
Hey, I don't know about that. I used VZ Navigator on my Moto Q 9c for the past 2 yrs. I live on a gravel road (rural), been here about 10 yrs, and VZ Navigator could not take me home, always told me to make a u-turn. Droid X with Navigator/Google Maps took me right to my door.

while it might be more accurate for you, in my and many other's experiences... Vz navigator tends to be more accurate in rural areas. There are millions of places to navigate to, a few of them have to be more accurate on either vz navigator or google navigation... They are both awesome and nothing beats free.

Fuimusbruce

Reaction score
so I have a question. on my home screen, I have an icon that says navigation and one that says maps. Is the maps one the google maps and the one that says navigation vznavigator? Or are those both droid native apps?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
so I have a question. on my home screen, I have an icon that says navigation and one that says maps. Is the maps one the google maps and the one that says navigation vznavigator? Or are those both droid native apps?

vznavigator did not come installed on my X.

Maps is the Google maps that integrates with Goggle navigation (Blue arrow icon that says navigation)