Volume

darkmatter

Reaction score
Now that we have root, is there a way to increase in call volume? My aunt is returning her d3 for a bionic (I'm not going to dissuade her, lol) for the single reason that she has trouble hearing phone calls. And I got to thinking "yea, this thing is more quiet than my ogd". I mean hell, I don't think I had my ogd at full volume, but the d3 is at full and I find myself looking at my phone to make sure I have the earpiece lined up to my ear.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

LT*

Reaction score
I don't have issues with my volume at all. I do think that since the speaker is much smaller than on the D1, people can definitely have the phone off center when talking. Not saying that's her problem, because I've noticed the weaker sound level too, it's just not so low that I can't hear the calls.

xconwayx

Reaction score
I agree with the call volume, I am sure it will just be a matter of time before a tweak comes along. I need to make sure I have the speaker lined up right with my ear as well.

Mugen

Reaction score
Havent had any issues with mu volume ans im a bit deaf too lol

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

nu2droid

Reaction score
+1 on the volume issue.
My old D1, was LOUD and clear. My wives D2 has horrible speker sound (even replaced her handset at verizon 2 times, all with same sound issue).
I thought Motorola would have corrected it before the D3... guess its just some handsets that are bad.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Specifically the speakerphone volume is an issue for me. I doubt its a matter of something Moto coulda/shoulda fixed before the 3rd gen phone since some of the hardware surely changed. IMHO the D1 was too loud and suffered from distortion because of that. Perhaps Moto is trying to avoid similar issues but set it too low or perhaps there is a bug.

Jason R

Reaction score
+1 on the external speaker, I use mine as an alarm clock and my og woke me up every day on time, since I've had my d3 I've been late a few times already lol. I really wish this could be addressed

Sent from my SD3

comk4ver

Reaction score
I agree but I've noticed that the default for alarms is "increase the ringer volume" which doesn't work I need it full blast the first time around... Also there seems to be An error where the notification sound doesn't play

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Dri94

Reaction score
I've looked through the build.prop but didn't find anythign there. I am having this same issue. I'm not sure where else i could look to try and fix this

Dri94

Reaction score
this should be brought to the xda forums. Maybe they will know a better place to start

nu2droid

Reaction score
I wanna say it might be a hardware issue.
My D3 had horrible sound (music, speaker, etc). I had to put in for a replacement due to a broke screen, and the re-firb they sent me was 10x louder in every way.

Both were rooted, de-bloated and running Steel Droid 3.0.

t1.8matt

Reaction score
I'm having the same problems with both speakers, was a problem on my d2g also. There has to be some kind of software fix that can be cooked up unless the hardware is just limited to what it is now.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

pyro6128

Reaction score
I use volume + and it works well. Good for those times when then train gets too loud and I can't hear my entourage episodes haha

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk