Die Hard OG Droid (OGD) User Returns Dinc2

therock

Reaction score
Well I really wanted to like the phone. And if I got a bad one the Verizon store Techs will not admit it. I took it in and compared to another and got the same.....
There seems to be tons of folks amazed by the phone so I dunno. I'm just gonna call it like I seen it with the one I had.

Right off the bat the volume levels of the speaker phone and ring tones is too low when maxed out. I little bit of car radio and forget it. Not that I use it for a radio but listening to a song with the speaker is less than entertaining.

Then I get callers asking me "Where are you, in a tunnel?" They sounded fine on my end.

Then the GPS searching for its self was very long. So long I rebooted as I do on a very few occasions with my OGD. I considered it needed to lock on and get its location vicinity and would be better but nope.

Next was the speed in which it displayed email .wmv video attachments from my home security system averaging 1MB. I waited on average of three times as long as I normally do with my OGD. I get them to two accounts, a gmail and a comcast address.

Then a really tough thing for any phone to do is display a GPS tracking mapper program that taxes any device but is handled well enough by my OGD, the Dincc2 failed miserably. It would not even get to the login screen. I even tried the other browsers in the market, Dolphin, Opera, Firefox and such, and although they did a get a little further before failing, only FF managed to get anywhere, they failed.

Last I hear tons of praise on the battery life. Its not bad but does not put to shame my OGD.

So.............. I reactivated my OGD and ran her through the above to make sure I was awake and did the math putting the Dinc2 is back on the truck.

I have always been a Motorola man and strayed for some reason and got bitten. Be it a single bad unit or the norm I am walking away.

So folks considering one reading this may want to make sure they like the volume level on the one in hand, work the GPS several times, send your self some 1MB video files, visit some of your most needed Webb sites, and call a few friends to see if they notice what mine did.

I really wanted it to work. I wait now for the Bionic or equivalent. I don't really want a 4.3" screen 4G phone but this may change.

Last edited:

anguish

Reaction score
Funny, I got bitten hard by Motorola with the Droid 2 Global...hence the reason I got the DINC2.

Lots of varying experiences, but suffice it to say, I'm happy with the DINC2. Almost makes me wish I got to experience an original DROID though..