Volume way too low?

HemiDroid03

Reaction score
I don't know if it's just me, my DX or... but I feel like the ringer & notification sounds are waaaay too low, and I have the volume set all the way up. Does anyone else notice this? Anyway to make it a bit louder? Thanks.

cpjr

Reaction score
Seems to be a common issue with the X, there are a few more threads here about it already.

OP
HemiDroid03

HemiDroid03

Reaction score
Aaaahhhh... Gotcha, I don't know what's worse, being the only with the problem or finding out that your NOT the only one with the problem lol... Thanks

bbddss

Reaction score
Incoming calls tooooo loud

Does anyone know how to adjust the sound on calls? I have to hold the phone away from my ear it's so loud. dancedroid

cp1224

Reaction score
I have a solution for that bbddss. Let's switch phones. Then I will actually be able to hear my phone ring and the people on the phone...and you won't have problems with y ours being too loud.

skel1977

Reaction score
I have to carry a set of headphones for my car so i can hear GPS

dB Zac

Reaction score
I notice that the speaker placement can be an issues. I notice a huge difference in ringer volume when my phone is on a hard surface verses on a spiral note book. You would think the angle would keep the speaker far enough off the notebook but it doesnt

bbddss

Reaction score
Great suggestions! I thought I figured it out but apparently not.

Droidxer10

Reaction score
stick to the more informed threads on this topic,we need your input,but first read up

what to do about volume/speaker problem
There are already several main forum threads for reporting and documenting experiences with the Droid X low volume/speaker problem. Here are two of them:

1) Droid X Speaker Volume

2) Volume issue on new Droid X - Verizon Wireless Community

Also, here are two informative posts about the matter:
3) http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...tml#post669676

4) Special Post on How to Make Progress with the Alleged Low Volume Speaker Problem

One of the links at (4) above it out of date. So please use and follow the links at (1) and (2) above. Also, please pay special attention to the information in reply (3) above . It is reprinted here:

Please listen up regarding this issue:

1) This is a batch by batch, and/or a unit by unit, issue/problem. Some Droid X batches/units have the problem and some do not.

2) Verizon tech support does not care about forum postings by consumers, including those posted on their own forums.

3) The only way to get this problem solved is by calling Verizon and/or Motorola tech support and documenting this problem with them.

4) Roughly, Verizon does not do anything but maintain their network and sell phones. If there is going to be a fix, it will come from Motorola at the request of Verizon (if Verizon receives and documents a sufficient number of customers reporting the problem/issue).

5) Whether this is hardware or a firmware problem, and whether it only affects certain Droid X batches/units, a firmware update that increases the volume potential on all Droid X units will either solve or help the problem.

6) Verizon will go ahead with (5) above if enough people convince their tech support people that there is a serious issue/problem with the volume of the speakerphones on many Droid X batches/units, which appears to be the case from all the postings on all the forums.

So please call Verizon (and/or Motorola) if you experience this problem with your Droid X. Follow their instructions. If the problem persists, clearly and repeatedly tell them so: tell them so clearly and repeatedly, but politely and civilly.

Some people are beginning to report that some Verizon tech support people "know about" the problem. Nonetheless, many Verizon tech support people are still saying that they know of no such issue/problem and that Verizon does not officially acknowledge the problem, and that they have no knowledge of anyone working on a fix for this problem. So, please, call in those reports, get the problem documented, and so on!

Hope everyone is otherwise enjoying their Droid Xs.

DaddyUnit

Reaction score
Notification volume suddenly too low!

I've just noticed that in the last couple of days the ringer and incoming text notification volumes are WAY too low (as I'm suddenly missing phone calls!!!)

WTF?!

It was working fine (well, as fine as it gets with the Droid-X) last week.

Are we still waiting for a software update to address this?

OP
HemiDroid03

HemiDroid03

Reaction score
Honestly, when I uploaded the very 1st Froyo update to my DX, it fixed the low volume problem... So I guess once the OTA hits, the problem should be solved.

Swis21

Reaction score
I have had issues with the ear piece speaker being distorted at not even half in-call volume. The speakerphone works alright but I'm more upset about the ear piece being distorted and hardly being able to hear anybody on the other line.