Volume Plus Settings

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Or the "paid" version from the developers web site who actually gives it away if you want it for free. Of course paying for it supports the developer and gets you easy updates from the market. :)

Don't really know what ur saying here, all I know is its less then 2 bucks and everyone has good luck with it so why not buy it and be done with it. Its that simple.

Sent from Galaxy Nexy Sexy using DroidForums :)

captdroid

Reaction score
Don't really know what ur saying here, all I know is its less then 2 bucks and everyone has good luck with it so why not buy it and be done with it. Its that simple.

What I am saying is you don't HAVE to buy the full version but give reasons why you should consider buying it! :) The developer does give the full version away. Got it?! Good :)

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Mine is set to +5 and "Treble Boost" enabled.

captdroid

Reaction score
Mine is set to +5 and "Treble Boost" enabled.

Have mine set on +3 and 'good quality' enabled. Just needed a tad bit more volume :) Oh and I have the EQ enabled and tinker with that though I have not yet dialed it in for music listening optimization. Listening to music really isn't something I do very often with the device but tweaking the EQ can be useful for other sounds quality improvement such as GPS speech, ring tones, etc. ah I will get around to it :)

Last edited:

wil318466

Reaction score
I only messed with 2 different types of settings, the speaker and headset. The Speaker modification I put it at +6 and changed my alarm ringtone to one that's loud and annoying. My phone went from barely being able to hear the alarm to waking up the entire house.

The headset settings I have just the speaker modifications checked and the volume. Under "EQ Settings" i have good quality and I didn't mess with the manual EQ speaker modifications under "advanced". I can tell you that of all the apps I've ever used, this one might have made the single biggest impact. Sound pumping through my car sounds better now, I'm not sure why, but it does. It's loud, clear, and noticeably different. I'm very happy with this app.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
What I am saying is you don't HAVE to buy the full version but give reasons why you should consider buying it! :) The developer does give the full version away. Got it?! Good :)

I never said u HAD to buy the full version. He asked why his doesn't go as loud and I clearly stated u have to have the paid version as its stated the free version only allows u to go so loud.

Either way maybe I miss understood u and maybe I came off the wrong way but I got the vibe u did to so sorry let's move on from here.

captdroid

Reaction score
I never said u HAD to buy the full version. He asked why his doesn't go as loud and I clearly stated u have to have the paid version as its stated the free version only allows u to go so loud.

Either way maybe I miss understood u and maybe I came off the wrong way but I got the vibe u did to so sorry let's move on from here.

sure no problem man I was pointing out something perhaps that did not need pointed out :)

alxb577

Reaction score
Is this volume control + and volume control + pro you all are talking about or some other app?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

terigox

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed any adverse affects caused by disabling MusicFX? Does it affect Bluetooth connectivity or anything?

nateccnn

Reaction score
Make sure you search for "volume+" with no space between VOLUME and +. It'll probably be the first one on the list that way. Read the entire review...there's a biscutt in there for the patient readers.

Nate

bryantjopplin

Reaction score
To tell everyone the truth on the devs website the volume+ app is the full version and free not to mention its a newer updated one then what's on the market.

Sent from my Touchpad using DroidForums

ænyoc

Reaction score
I have the paid version and mine is set to 12+ and sounds clear and amazing.

The music Fx doesn't need to be disabled, works just fine. As one stated he has his on 7 and beyond that it gets quiet. Well there's a bug and sometimes u need to go n there and go from 7 to 8, then 8 to 9, then 9 to 10 and so onto the volume u want. If u go from volume 7 to say 12, sometimes it won't work right and gets quite but if u slowly raise it its fine. It did this the first few days for me cause I was letting the battery die all the way and after a restart volume+ will act up but if ur phone is on constantly u should not run into any problems as I have not.

I actually disabled MusicFX at the advice of other people here. Before, I had just selected volume+ in the settings as the default and it was working just fine.

Disabled MusicFX while driving home today (wife was driving). The volume+ in-call settings needed me to reboot. After that, my phone started rebooting and shutting off while using the navigation app (to avoid traffic). Either a) disabling MusicFX caused problems with navigator trying to use it, or b) changing the in-call settings was causing it.

Reboot to recovery, wipe dalvik/cache, restore last backup. TiBackup restore apps navigation works fine. Disabled MusicFX again. Didn't touch in-call settings and it started random reboots in navigator again.

Recovery->wipe dalvik/cache->restore again. TiBackup again. Left MusicFX but selected volume+ as default in settings. No issues in navigation after an hour. Phone would reboot within 10min before. Changed in-call settings and its been an hour so far, no reboots.

My advice, get the full version of volume+ - either from his website or from the market, don't touch MusicFx, go to settings->sound->music effects->volume+

bryantjopplin

Reaction score
I actually disabled MusicFX at the advice of other people here. Before, I had just selected volume+ in the settings as the default and it was working just fine.

Disabled MusicFX while driving home today (wife was driving). The volume+ in-call settings needed me to reboot. After that, my phone started rebooting and shutting off while using the navigation app (to avoid traffic). Either a) disabling MusicFX caused problems with navigator trying to use it, or b) changing the in-call settings was causing it.

Reboot to recovery, wipe dalvik/cache, restore last backup. TiBackup restore apps navigation works fine. Disabled MusicFX again. Didn't touch in-call settings and it started random reboots in navigator again.

Recovery->wipe dalvik/cache->restore again. TiBackup again. Left MusicFX but selected volume+ as default in settings. No issues in navigation after an hour. Phone would reboot within 10min before. Changed in-call settings and its been an hour so far, no reboots.

My advice, get the full version of volume+ - either from his website or from the market, don't touch MusicFx, go to settings->sound->music effects->volume+

All I gotta say is wow you typed all of that on your GNEX LOL your dedicated lmfao

ænyoc

Reaction score
All I gotta say is wow you typed all of that on your GNEX LOL your dedicated lmfao

Haha! I've grown quite good at typing on the virtual keyboard in portrait mode. Faster than on my OGD now. That coupled with boredom since I've been in the car for 10hrs let me fully troubleshoot my random reboot issue and then tell all you fine folk about it :)