Volume Out of Control - How to Control?

Maddy30

Reaction score
Hi Friends,
I’m having an issue where at times my phone’s volume control goes haywire, and either rises all the way to max volume or lowers it to zero. Also, it’ll skip a song that’s playing or go to S Voice without any buttons being pressed or words said. it usually happens when the headphones are plugged in, or Spotify is running. However, it’s also happened without those two things.

Also, I wanted to know if it’s a good idea to update to Lollipop. Thanks in advance.:)

This was an issue after a software update. You need to restore the device to factory to repair this issue. You did not say wether you are rooted or not, but kinda need to know that, and what version of the software your on now. Please provide details and will attempt to help you resolve your issue

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Install the Speaker Boost free app on your phone..the malfunction will go away..and it will control the strings on your volume levels..let me know.

Install the Speaker Boost free app on your phone..the malfunction will go away..and it will control the strings on your volume levels..let me know.
Sounds like the problem is way deeper than a volume boost. Couldn't find that app on the Play Store either.

It comes up for me. It may not be available for your device and that's why it's not showing up in the play store for you. It does say it's not compatible with most devices.

S5 tap'n

Then again..that would fix it..just because google play says "isn't compatible nor available" doesn't mean you can't get it or won't work for you..I have it and it was supposedly incompatible with my phone..and actually helped me with issues like yours..in fact I tried to upload it for you..but this "sophisticated" page didn't allow me to do it..sorry.

Uploading apps to DroidForums.net or its sister sites is strictly prohibited. Please take a moment to review our forum rules and guidelines if you haven't already.
Thank you.

This "sophisticated" page saved you from getting negative repercussions against your account for not following our rules. I understand you're trying to help but helping within our guidelines will get you farther than doing something wrong and getting points against your account..

Thanks everyone for your answers. So, is there an app on Play that can at least, control this until the core of the issue is found? :)

Thanks everyone for your answers. So, is there an app on Play that can at least, control this until the core of the issue is found? :)
I know the core issue, and how to fix it! But it's your choice. I will have you back everything up, and help you repair it..they side tracked you with a simple control method. Let me know, I can walk you step by step in messenger

I know the core issue, and how to fix it! But it's your choice. I will have you back everything up, and help you repair it..they sidetracked you with a simple control method. Let me know, I can walk you step by step in messenger

I think I'm going to put this on the side for now, but will let you know if I decide to go through with it. thanks a lot for your help.:D

Your very welcome! Let me know if you change your mind ;)

Back