Volume Rocker and Controlling Music

OZFive

Reaction score
I first want to preface this by saying, LOOOVE Sapphire Mod, guys you have been doing a great job. Thank you for your work on this.

I am geting an issue when using Eliot Stocker Music Mod and the volume controls. I have the screen turned off and when I go to trigger the skip ahead or repeat via the volume controls, the songs go wild. Pausing via the program does not stop it. Every song will skip after 5 seconds of play and then go on when I press forward. When I try to repeat it will go back and forth between the last two songs bouncing in and out of the two songs 3-5 seconds after it starts.

Odd huh?

Ideas? Am I missing something?

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's a known issue - not much of a current workaround, unfortunately, other than to shut screen off and then short press the volume button. That should break the loop.

cvpcs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
It's a known issue - not much of a current workaround, unfortunately, other than to shut screen off and then short press the volume button. That should break the loop.

This is correct. I have added this to the "Known Issues" section of the release page:

releases:sapphire-1.0.0 [CVPCS Sapphire Wiki]

It also includes a better explanation of what is happening.

GodfatherIP

Reaction score
I first want to preface this by saying, LOOOVE Sapphire Mod, guys you have been doing a great job. Thank you for your work on this.

I am geting an issue when using Eliot Stocker Music Mod and the volume controls. I have the screen turned off and when I go to trigger the skip ahead or repeat via the volume controls, the songs go wild. Pausing via the program does not stop it. Every song will skip after 5 seconds of play and then go on when I press forward. When I try to repeat it will go back and forth between the last two songs bouncing in and out of the two songs 3-5 seconds after it starts.

Odd huh?

Ideas? Am I missing something?

It is a known bug and is being worked on. Previously if you kept holding the button down it would skip once and then start turning down the volume; to fix this he made it so that if you keep holding it down it will keep skipping songs every few seconds until you let go. Unfortunately sometimes it gets going and it doesn't stop when you let go of the button. To stop it once it starts going wild just press the volume key again (short press) and it should stop it. Hopefully there will be a patch for this in the near future.

Edit:
I guess I'm too slow, 2 answers in the time I took to type up mine lol.

OP
O

OZFive

Reaction score
Thanks folks for the quick responses.

Getting a response from cvpcs himself too! It is like a celebrity just walked into the room said hi to me then walked back out leaving happiness and good will in his wake.

Uhhhh too much?

:D

heleos

Reaction score
I had a few problems with music-ish stuff.

This morning at work, when I turned the screen on, music started playing. I could have hit the play button by accident maybe.... But when Atreyu starts playing at 6:30 in the morning in an office, people look at you funny :[

Another problem I had was that I must have accidently hit something strange with the up/down volume, but my podcast toggled between play and pause continuously, and I couldn't stop it. The only way I eventually stopped it was to reboot the phone

captdroid

Reaction score
I had a few problems with music-ish stuff.

This morning at work, when I turned the screen on, music started playing. I could have hit the play button by accident maybe.... But when Atreyu starts playing at 6:30 in the morning in an office, people look at you funny :[

Another problem I had was that I must have accidently hit something strange with the up/down volume, but my podcast toggled between play and pause continuously, and I couldn't stop it. The only way I eventually stopped it was to reboot the phone

Better yet play that rooster alarm tone in the alarm clock. That rooster sounds ill :D Everyone will be wide awake. :)