Volume button issues

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
I've had my 2nd gen Moto X for almost two weeks now, and already the volume up button feels like there's something stuck inside it. It still works, but doesn't "click" like it should. I'm wondering if I should take the phone back to Verizon or maybe fix it myself (I have a background in phone repair so I know what I'm doing). The only thing is I don't want to void my factory warranty by breaking seals or whatnot. What would you guys do?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If you've had it 14 days.. You'll get a clnr.. But at this point, a clnr would be a device a person had for a few days and returned.. Or a new one, out of retail packaging...

Are the volume rockers also the sim tray on the x?

OP
StephenC

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
I'll go in tomorrow and find out. I just don't want to go through the trouble of reinstalling everything and getting my settings the way I want them again.

The sim tray and volume rocker are separate.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Try Motorola migrate... I just used it for the first time going from my Maxx to my turbo.. Easy to do.. Even with 500+ songs on my phone.. It took less than 10 mins

OP
StephenC

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
I used Motorola Migrate but it doesn't transfer apps and settings. If it did, that would be awesome.

OP
StephenC

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
Took the phone in today and got a brand new replacement. Really unfortunate to have to go through all that trouble for such a small issue, but I'm not going two years with that.