Voicemail Number

buschbarber

Reaction score
I have had Verizon phones for many years and the Eris for the past year. I now have the Thunderbolt. I went into Settings/Call/Voicemail Settings and set up my Voicemail number.

*86#w----#

It dials *86 and then inputs my 4 digit password, but it will not Send it until I press the OK prompt on the Display. In the past, it has always dialed the number, paused, entered the password, and sent it.

Any ideas?

blackngray70

Reaction score
I have mine set to *86p????# and it auto sends like it should.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

OP
B

buschbarber

Reaction score
Thunderbolt Voicemail Dialing

I have mine set to *86p????# and it auto sends like it should.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

I will have to change the Pause symbol from W to P. That is probably what I did before and it worked on the Eris.

Thanks!!

miller.kevan

Reaction score
The p stands for pause and it s noemaly just a couple seconds the w stands for wait meaning wait for input

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
B

buschbarber

Reaction score
Thunderbolt Voicemail Dialing

Thanks!!

Any idea why when I post a reply, in this forum, the Title comes up blank and has to be typed in again. Is this a forum setting in my profile?

Newps

Reaction score
One of the first things I do with any new phone is go in and change the voice mail number from *86 to my phone number and then add in my password so it's all automatic. Can't find where to do it on the S3. Any ideas?

Parzec

Reaction score
You should use Google voice for voice mail instead of the carrier voice mail, then you don't have to worry about calling your voice mail and entering passwords to check it. Plus, it transcribe so them automatically and at no extra charge.

Hermes

Reaction score
One of the first things I do with any new phone is go in and change the voice mail number from *86 to my phone number and then add in my password so it's all automatic. Can't find where to do it on the S3. Any ideas?
Open "phone" like you are dialing a number, click menu, click "call settings", click "voice mail settings".