voicemail notification always on

goresnet

Reaction score
I never had a vm notification problem, until the ota gb. The first 2 days after the ota, I never got the notification when I did actually have vm. Since then, the vm notification has been on, 24/7. Even when no vm. There is an option to remove the indication from the bar, but that is greyed out. Anyone else have this problem? From the other vm threads I read, it seemed like the problem was no notification.

lxJGTxl

Reaction score
You need to restart your phone to get rid of it. Happened to me until I finally downloaded the patch for the BAMF'd roms.

Sent from my forever BAMF'd Thunderbolt

OP
G

goresnet

Reaction score
Thanks, that worked for now. I'm still stock, haven't had time to root, nor the desire to lose all my information. But I believe I've seen a root process that doesn't wipe your data. Does installing a bamf rom wipe everything?

lxJGTxl

Reaction score
Yes there is a way to root without data loss. And flashing any ROM you would need to wipe all your data, but if you wanna keep old data (actually you should do this regardless) I suggest backing up a nandroid image of stock+root. So if you ever need to go back to stock+root to refer to old data, you can. Only takes about 5 min to back up and another 5 min to restore. Also if your worried about kissing apps and data in apps, I suggest downloading titanium backup first, backing up all the apps you want to keep and all the data, then flash a new ROM and just restore all the apps you backed up. There's tons of handy stuff you can do while rooted:)

OP
G

goresnet

Reaction score
Yes there is a way to root without data loss. And flashing any ROM you would need to wipe all your data, but if you wanna keep old data (actually you should do this regardless) I suggest backing up a nandroid image of stock+root. So if you ever need to go back to stock+root to refer to old data, you can. Only takes about 5 min to back up and another 5 min to restore. Also if your worried about kissing apps and data in apps, I suggest downloading titanium backup first, backing up all the apps you want to keep and all the data, then flash a new ROM and just restore all the apps you backed up. There's tons of handy stuff you can do while rooted:)

OK, what are kissing apps? Did your autocorrect get you when you meant keeping apps? (serious question, don't really know if kissing apps is android speak for something...) And titanium backup keeps angry birds stars, scores and such? My son (and me!) would hate it if ew lost our stars!

lxJGTxl

Reaction score
I meant "loading" not kissing. And I'm pretty sure it will. It did for me for all my other apps. But like I said, just make a nandroid backup of your stock+root and you'll be set :)

lxJGTxl

Reaction score
Losing! Not loading. Autocorrect you get me again -_- lol