Voicemail Icon Staying On

rastaman

Reaction score
All of the sudden my voicemail icon won't go away (and checked, no vm). Ideas?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
All of the sudden my voicemail icon won't go away (and checked, no vm). Ideas?
Do a menu>applications>manage applications>all and clear data and cache on your voicemail app and reboot.

yaterml

Reaction score
If this doesn't work (It should) if you have visual voice-mail make sure that all the messages have been listened to all the way through. I had this issue with my Droid X it downloaded a VM to my phone and even though I listened to is over the phone it wouldn't go away through VVM.

bdbrazr

Reaction score
Do a menu>applications>manage applications>all and clear data and cache on your voicemail app and reboot.

This did not work for me, however what did work was clearing the phone app data in the same menu. That damn thing bothered me for months.

phantom1969

Reaction score
This did not work for me, however what did work was clearing the phone app data in the same menu. That damn thing bothered me for months.

Thanks bdbrazr. Clearing the Phone app data worked for me too.

SallyC

Reaction score
Thanks for posting back. It's always nice to hear when something works.

t's kind of a pet peeve of mine when someone asks for help, gets replies, and then never lets us know if it worked. That's very helpful for other folks looking at the thread in the future so thanks!

Ksupernor2

Reaction score
For some reason my phone started doing this too. I cleared phone app data and it work but when I rebooted it came back. So I cleared again and it went away. I haven't rebooted again so not sure if it will return. Weird though....

joecowboy

Reaction score

Thanks from me too, bdrazr. I went to cricket first and they wanted me to reset the whole phone!

bgs1818

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx
Thanks bdbrazr. Clearing the Phone app data worked for me too.

THANKS SO MUCH (yes, I'm yelling for joy!) I googled yesterday and didn't see this string; was on the phone for over an hour with Verizon today, elevated to 2nd tier, then was told I would have to do a factory reset. As that is a huge effort re multiple apps, emails etc. and I already replaced the (new) phone once I asked for a manager. While waiting on hold I googled again and found this string and your answer re clearing data on the PHONE app instead of the voicemail app. Worked like a charm. When they came back on the line it was like a tech meeting in their office as they didn't believe it. By the way, I'm on a Droid Maxx not a Razr and it did the trick. Thanks again.

bdbrazr

Reaction score
THANKS SO MUCH (yes, I'm yelling for joy!) I googled yesterday and didn't see this string; was on the phone for over an hour with Verizon today, elevated to 2nd tier, then was told I would have to do a factory reset. ...

Welcome to my life. I have also upgraded to the MAXX, no way to safely root it yet!!!! Having spent several years of my life working 60 to 80 hours a week for the unmentioned company that we are enslaved to [and they hate the unlimited data plan that I got with my Palm Pre, I just slide new phones in sideways.], it is a wonder you were not driven to commit mayhem.

They have lost all the talent, the local communications hub here has layed off or fired so many people that those left are dying on the job and cannot keep up with daily work much less being intelligent.

HP told me to bare metal reinstall my EXPENSIVE laptop because my 3 of 4 USB ports did not work. Ultimately I had to. With 2TB of data on this thing, this is no walk in the park. I ran the recovery and it got all the way to the end and spit blood. Complained about some obscure hangnail, and wanted me to try again.

The next time I got the failure, I searched the HP customer forum and found that an UPDATE SENT AUTOMAGICALLY TO RUIN MY COMPUTER BY HP KNOCKED OUT THE PORTS. The stinking Wi-Di driver of all things! I manually updated it then restarted and, I think you have figured out that I have it working. When the case manager called to make sure that I was happy, I had to explain to her that the offshore morons should read the freeking USER FORUMS on the HP site and very rudely hung up.

Having lost more than 4 jobs as a telephone tech support monkey, I can tell you the secret, they are required to complete a given number of calls a day. I said to heck with that and took the time to make sure that the mother with the 2 year old on her hip, a screwdriver in one hand and her phone dangling on her shoulder, got the BEST service that could be provided and that everything worked. BTW, if the CEO of Mediavision (whom should be flipping burgers in some greasy dive, better yet cleaning the grease trap) happens to see this: I now command $200K/year for the level of courtesy and attention to detail that you bastards fired me for.

OK. I am done. A word of advice, if the page turner says you have to bare metal install -- start yelling for a manager -- and insist that it is a real manager and not just the idiot's cube neighbor! You paid good money you deserve good service [period!].

Best of luck to all of you, it is nice to see from time to time that I have made a meager contribution that saves your day. Warms the old ticker!

B