Voice mail notification???

viola

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I know that there is a voice mail notification that's supposed to pop up because when I first got my Droid, it worked just fine. Unfortunately, my friends keep telling me that they left voice mails that I wasn't aware of.

Is it because of the recent updates that the voice mail notifications aren't showing up? I'll get the missed call notification, just no voice mail icon. If things continue this way, I might just have to opt for an app. I hated the messy Missed Call app, but I guess I'll have to settle for what's available if it's not fixable for now. *sighs resignedly*

((Just another end-question. Any of you with problems regarding your phone alerting you when a text comes in? Mine won't vibrate when a text comes in.

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
((Just another end-question. Any of you with problems regarding your phone alerting you when a text comes in? Mine won't vibrate when a text comes in.

I've been noticing text alert weirdness since the Froyo OTA, and the 22D update didn't seem to fix things. I run stock text app with Missed Call for notifications. I've had several which didn't trigger a sound/led alert at all, but there were new texts and an appropriate icon in the top bar. Also, when someone sent me a text with multiple recipients, the blinking led wouldn't stop even after I looked at the text - even a reboot didn't fix it. I had someone send me a private text, and that cleared it out.

Hankisanerd

Reaction score
My case is a little different. I have VM icon at the top saying I have 2 VM. The problem is that I use googles VM not Verizon's. I want to get rid of it but I haven't found a way yet. Any suggestions?

mikaylasmom

Reaction score
Notification comes via text

My issue is that my VM notification comes via text. It does not even make sense. I do not get an icon on the status bar. The text messages are showing something strange like a code of some sort. It is a text that is coming from: 900-080-002021 and looks like an error code of something.

I only know that it is my VM notification, because I have played with my phone and called and left myself a message. Every time I do this about 4 or 5 secs later I get this wacked out sms message.

I really want to find out how to get a regular VM notification and be able to assign a specialized sound for VM that differs from the other notifications.

I have tried a few apps (like Missed Call), but none of them address VM notifications. I am not using (and really don't want to) VVM.

Anyone have any ideas on this one?

Thought I should mention that I am on a Droid 2.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
My case is a little different. I have VM icon at the top saying I have 2 VM. The problem is that I use googles VM not Verizon's. I want to get rid of it but I haven't found a way yet. Any suggestions?
So they're not GV notifications? You'd need to disable conditional call forwarding and then call your VZW voicemail & delete those messages. If you can't find the instructions for activating and deactivating conditional call forwarding then hit the full GV site and click on the link to Deactivate Google voicemail for this phone (and Activate Google voicemail for this phone when you have deleted the VM's).

Anyone have any ideas on this one?
I'd give Verizon a call. Sounds like something is messed up with notifications from the VM setting. VM isn't a phone feature. It's a carrier feature.

SMTHGLL

Reaction score
I was able to turn on the voicemail notification when checking my voicemail. There was an option to turn on the notification on one of the menus, can't remember which one because I just stumbled across by hitting the wrong number when checking my voice mail.