Voice Dialing from Car Home?

Donsell

Reaction score
The car home application makes it sound like you can make a voice phone call from the voice search icon. When I do this, even by following the example they give, "call John Doe, mobile phone" I get a Google search rather than a way to make a call.

Has anyone gotten this to work?

jbr13

Reaction score
Mine brings up contacts just fine. If you say "Call Home" and don't have a contact named "Home" it will switch to a google search I think.

expo703

Reaction score
Hey - i have the same issue....... it just google searchs the contacts name for example "Call mom, mobile" it searchs google for "Call mom mobile" wtf?

scerruti

Reaction score
If you edit a contact and press the down arrow near the contact name you will find spaces to add phonetic names. This will probably improve accuracy in locating contacts via voice.

lauriep

Reaction score
It worked for me, although it does bring up a confirmation screen that you need to tap before it actually dials.

But then the call doesn't connect using the speakerphone. You have to tap that, too.

OP
D

Donsell

Reaction score
If you edit a contact and press the down arrow near the contact name you will find spaces to add phonetic names. This will probably improve accuracy in locating contacts via voice.

I'll have to work on this. On the first attempt I couldn't see a difference calling my wife, but it does help calling others. The last syllable of our name is "zell" and no matter how I pronounce it, the droid hears ville and tries an address search. This only happens from car home. The droid is almost flawless when voice dialing from the app that was designed for that.