Voice Commands & Contacts

jvcalandra

Reaction score
I had my Pro for about 1 week. I used voice commands (the phone's program, not Google Search) to make outgoing calls when I first got the phone without a problem. I recently tried to use them with no result. I tried to manually click on "Call" and "Contacts" while in the voice commands screen, and I get a message telling me that I have "no valid contacts in list", even though my contact list is and always has been full. I tried to look around in the settings but could not find anything that fixes this. Anybody know what is wrong? The other commands (check battery, open app, etc.) Work fine.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had my Pro for about 1 week. I used voice commands (the phone's program, not Google Search) to make outgoing calls when I first got the phone without a problem. I recently tried to use them with no result. I tried to manually click on "Call" and "Contacts" while in the voice commands screen, and I get a message telling me that I have "no valid contacts in list", even though my contact list is and always has been full. I tried to look around in the settings but could not find anything that fixes this. Anybody know what is wrong? The other commands (check battery, open app, etc.) Work fine.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

Try using the search button on the phone itself. Long press and hold, it should respond with "Say a Command" and you can then say "Call Martha Mobil."

It's kind of important that you specify which Martha you're calling. For example when I say Call Julie, It frequently gives me Julie's Karate Studio and starts dialing. But if I say Call Julie Mobil 99 times out of 100 it will get it right.

I'm not sure about the pro but in the D2 we have a Voice input and output selection. Tapping that will lead to a voice recognition menu and it will have you repeat certain phrases and words to understand your voice better. Check to see if you have it in the Pro.