Voice Commands App Bug?

StingRay

Reaction score
I am in the car quite a bit and rely heavily on my bluetooth and voice commands....unfortunately I have been experiencing some problems with the pre-loaded Voice Commands app that came on my Droid Pro...

VC will recognize commands very well for a while, but then no matter what name or request I give it will keep giving me a "command not recognized" or something of that nature...no matter how simple of a name or command I give it will not recognize....

The fix for this malfunction or bug is to go into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications and find the Voice Command App and delete data...after doing that the VC will function perfectly for a while, but then will experience the same problem every time...

Anyone else experiencing this with the pre-loaded Voice Command app on their Pro? Not sure if another app I've loaded is causing a problem with this app or what....I have not loaded any other similar type app, so not sure where the conflict is....

dblitt

Reaction score
No valid contacts

While in voice command, no valid contacts available.

I am in the car quite a bit and rely heavily on my

bluetooth and voice commands....unfortunately I have been experiencing some problems with the pre-loaded Voice Commands app that came on my Droid Pro...

VC will recognize commands very well for a while, but then no matter what name or request I give it will keep giving me a "command not recognized" or something of that nature...no matter how simple of a name or command I give it will not recognize....

The fix for this malfunction or bug is to go into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications and find the Voice Command App and delete data...after doing that the VC will function perfectly for a while, but then will experience the same problem every time...

Anyone else experiencing this with the pre-loaded Voice Command app on their Pro? Not sure if another app I've loaded is causing a problem with this app or what....I have not loaded any other similar type app, so not sure where the conflict is....

easyfire

Reaction score
Verizon tech support claims this is a known problem

I am in the car quite a bit and rely heavily on my bluetooth and voice commands....unfortunately I have been experiencing some problems with the pre-loaded Voice Commands app that came on my Droid Pro...

As per the Tech Dept, this is a known problem as I was advised when I complained. They said it would be fixed. However your work around is helping me. I am delaying purchasing two more Droids until this fix happens.

Thanks for your work around.