Vizio Co-Star $99 Dollar Google TV & OnLive Gaming Box Preorders Now; Coming Aug 14th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
vizio-co-star-great-value.png

Previously we shared that the Vizio Co-Star $99 Dollar Google TV box with built-in support for OnLive Cloud gaming service would be coming soon. We now have additional details. The amazingly priced little device is already available for preorder, and will be available for retail on August 14th. This could be the most successful Google TV yet, especially with the slew of features packed into that affordable price: It's hardware includes two HDMI ports, one USB port, and one Ethernet jack. It's software includes Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Youtube, and OnLive gaming support. Additionally we will likely see support for both XBMC and Plex for your media streaming needs. It's hard to go wrong for just a "Benjamin."

Source: GoogleTVForum.org via Vizio - Co-Star

Briankbl

Reaction score
Been waiting on this for months! Preordered as soon as the page went live lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running Jelly Belly v3.4!

Gungiddy

Reaction score
I was looking at the apps that the Vizio Co-Star will come with and noticed M-GO. I checked out the apps website and all they have are a list of sponsers, a beta sign up, and a link to their press kit http://mgo.com/img/M-GOPressKit_v12.pdf. I looked at the press kit and it doesn't really give much information on what the app really does. Anyone here know more about it?

Seems like it is a lot like xbmc, but it is hard to tell from all the hype in the press kit.

Briankbl

Reaction score
I was looking at the apps that the Vizio Co-Star will come with and noticed M-GO. I checked out the apps website and all they have are a list of sponsers, a beta sign up, and a link to their press kit http://mgo.com/img/M-GOPressKit_v12.pdf. I looked at the press kit and it doesn't really give much information on what the app really does. Anyone here know more about it?

Seems like it is a lot like xbmc, but it is hard to tell from all the hype in the press kit.

What is XBMC?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running XenonHD v4.0!

Gungiddy

Reaction score
What is XBMC?

XBMC

XBMC said:
XBMC is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media player and entertainment hub for digital media. XBMC is available for Linux, OSX, and Windows. Created in 2003 by a group of like minded programmers, XBMC is a non-profit project run and developed by volunteers located around the world. More than 50 software developers have contributed to XBMC, and 100-plus translators have worked to expand its reach, making it available in more than 30 languages.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Getting this when it hits retail stores for sure....i'm getting a Roku box in a deal with my new satellite but I really want Google TV.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2