Virus sending IM from phone?

brandyrich

Reaction score
Originally my facebook friends were recieving an IM from me that said:
hi got a min?

and then when the friend would respond it would say:
I want you to try something real quick

They would respond again and it would say:

ok, try this test and see what you get.. i can't get over like a 110, its pathetic [email protected]:hcl123

and that was all it says. Now it is sending them to my gmail contacts. The only place this could have originated from that I can think of is my phone. There are no viruses on my computers. Has anyone else seen this? I am not sure what app would have caused it or how to get rid of it.

HuffPCair

Reaction score
What are you using to scan for virus'? I would suggest Avast free its been proven to be one of the best. The only way you have a virus on your phone is if you yourself gave something permissions.

I would go over your email account and make sure you havent looked at something or if you have filled something out on the ineternet.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You don't need virus protection. There are no viruses to protect against and anything you put on your phone will be a resource hog.

joeybarclay

Reaction score
Im not sure about you but I know that a good amount of my friends on Facebook are robots trying to send me to sites with viruses.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
my money is on it being a FB virus... if you have FB contacts linked to your phone it probably got to your gmail contacts that way.

*DroidForums app DOES*

HuffPCair

Reaction score
Im not sure about you but I know that a good amount of my friends on Facebook are robots trying to send me to sites with viruses.

So you keep them to look cool? I will never understand why having a bunch of people on a friends list is important to people.

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I have seen scams like this on Facebook before. Where it ask you to respond to a question from one of your friends and when one tries then the so called virus gets their info. and then crazy things starts happening. With that being said I don't click on a site sent from one of my friends, I send them a message and ask what it is. So far a few have said they never sent it and have no clue how it got sent from them

joeybarclay

Reaction score

So you keep them to look cool? I will never understand why having a bunch of people on a friends list is important to people.

Um no I keep them there because the users still use there files and I have the contact info synced to my phone. Besides im on my phone and they cant send me im's there

OP
B

brandyrich

Reaction score
I did not click any links, i changed my fb password and it started happening to my gmail contacts after that.

OP
B

brandyrich

Reaction score

All of my FB friends are real people. I only add the people I know.