virus in moto droid?

johnzenobia

Reaction score
I had some problems today that made me think there was a virus in the phone. The mute button would just mute by itself when on call and the music app would just start and stop by itself?? WTF I thought it was the jrummy rom so I changed to Ultimate droid and the same thing? Anyone else had this issue?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had some problems today that made me think there was a virus in the phone. The mute button would just mute by itself when on call and the music app would just start and stop by itself?? WTF I thought it was the jrummy rom so I changed to Ultimate droid and the same thing? Anyone else had this issue?

If you have a virus you are indeed special. Nobody else has one.

Try doing a factory data reset or a wipe in SPRecovery. See if that doesn't solve your issue.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Are you running 2.2 roms?

The mute issue is known to be present in the 2.2 roms, not sure about the music player though.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Odd that you changed ROMs and still had the issue. Maybe your hardware is screwy... I dono. REALLY doubt it's a virus, don't think such a thing is possible to do this at least...

OP
johnzenobia

johnzenobia

Reaction score
I did a full factory reset and a full wipe in clockwork recovery and same problem. I am in the process of formating the sd card to see if that changes anything.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think its hardware.... i cant explain it otherwise... if you wiped all data is gone.

OP
johnzenobia

johnzenobia

Reaction score
if i go back to stock 2.1 will verizon know it was rooted?

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Like I already said:

If these were 2.2 ROMS there is a known issue with the mute button.

From what I understand when in call, if you tilt a certain way it activates the mute button. The mute button IS NOT A HARDWARE issue.

Some people have also noted problems with music players, but I think that is a smaller issue and can be solved with using a different music app.

It doesn't matter what 2.2 ROM you go to, the mute issue will remain present, I believe some developers are working on a fix, but I am not 100% sure about that.

If you completely unroot and go back stock, no, verizon cannot tell you were rooted as long as you remove all traces of it.

Last edited:

fatpat3

Reaction score
Like I already said:

From what I understand when in call, if you tilt a certain way it activates the mute button. The mute button IS NOT A HARDWARE issue.

Some people have also noted problems with music players, but I think that is a smaller issue and can be solved with using a different music app.

It doesn't matter what 2.2 ROM you go to, the mute issue will remain present, I believe some developers are working on a fix, but I am not 100% sure about that.

If you completely unroot and go back stock, no, verizon cannot tell you were rooted as long as you remove all traces of it.

And ya mute isn't working in mine either. That problem is for everyone who is rooted 2.2 but why would you want it all muted? Vibrate is the lowest I need

hennbc

Reaction score
Does it stopon randpm songs? If you notice it is a certain album or artist just delete the file the song(s) are in

dverplank

Reaction score
Like I already said:

And ya mute isn't working in mine either. That problem is for everyone who is rooted 2.2 but why would you want it all muted? Vibrate is the lowest I need

I think Chevy has a fix for this