Virtual Keyboard Replacement

David92

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good virtual keyboard for portrait mode? Landscape has plenty of room, but it seems that if the portrait keyboard were taller vertically, the keys then could have some more space between them. I have tried "Better Keyboard," but does not do the trick. Thanks!

LordKastle

Reaction score
Big Buttons Keyboard

That way you can type in vertical and when its in landscape it defaults to the normal style.

Jaylor

Reaction score
this is a good question, I've tried all the keyboards on the market and they all stink.

Better Keyboard was totally off on where some of the buttons were located. IE, I typed a S and it was typing a Z 90% of the time!! Ugh so not cool

CDB

Reaction score
Better Keyboard
Big Button Keyboard
Crocodile Keyboard
ShapeWriter
SlideType Keyboard

I'm partial to Crocodile and ShapeWriter.

moot

Reaction score
Does google have plans to improve virtual keyboard and perhaps add better spell check/correction, in a later update? I find myself longing for the apple's virtual keyboard.

OP
D

David92

Reaction score
Thanks all! Will investigate the suggestions.

rjw0501

Reaction score
I tried the screen keyboard when I first got the phone, and it seemed horrible...so I started to use the slideout all the time. But it seems the touch screen keyboard after the ota upgrade, improved it 100%

LordKastle

Reaction score
his gripe is only when it is in vertical mode.

that is why I suggested Big Buttons Keyboard...when it is vertical the buttons are much bigger and when it goes in to horizontal mode it becomes the default keyboard.

OP
D

David92

Reaction score
Thanks again. Winner for me is Big Buttons...

whatiam

Reaction score
Swype if you feel that you can really learn how to use it and take time to add words to the dictionary. That keyboard is so amazing and I would even say it is faster than the physical keyboard.

Jaylor

Reaction score
whatiam ) I keep hearing about SWYPE but can't find it on the market.. how do you get it?

right now my fave keyboard is Smart Keyboard Pro with the iPhone skin. (Granted I hate my phone looking like a iCrap but the keyboard rocks!)

It even has multi-touch

orangepeel

Reaction score
right now my fave keyboard is Smart Keyboard Pro with the iPhone skin. (Granted I hate my phone looking like a iCrap but the keyboard rocks!)

It even has multi-touch

It blows Better keyboard away IMO.