Virtual keyboard landscape gone?

JFM-jr

Reaction score
I dont know what I did but cant figure out how to fix it. The virtual keyboard will appear with the phone held upright but when I rotate it to try and bring up the landscape virtual keyboard nothing happens. Any help? Thanks

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
did you happen to restart your phone?

if that didn't work did you happen to do a battery pull?

did you change anything in the keyboard settings?

OP
J

JFM-jr

Reaction score
I think I screwd something up in the keyboard settings. I've spent some frustrating time trying to undo what I did via the keyboard settings unsucessfully. Now im here . . . . posting. . . . . hoping.....LOL

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I dont know what I did but cant figure out how to fix it. The virtual keyboard will appear with the phone held upright but when I rotate it to try and bring up the landscape virtual keyboard nothing happens. Any help? Thanks

Does this happen no matter where you're trying to type? I know, when I push the search button, it seems like I can ONLY use the virtual keyboard in portrait mode, although, in this case, the screen doesn't switch orientation at all.

Also, is your battery low? Sometimes I have issues with the keyboard not coming on-screen with a low battery. I'm assuming this is on-going though, so that's probably not the problem.

Can you describe the issue with a little more detail please?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
make sure all the boxes are checked in the settings.

Tony0118

Reaction score
yes same issue with me Everytime i rotate my phone for the landscape keyboard it doesnt rotate and pulls up the virtual keyboard not even when i try to txt or web search plz answer