Virtual keyboard issues

buckweet

Reaction score
Has anyone had any 'lag' issues with the virtual keyboard?? It seems that I cannot type fast on it as it will miss keys that I'm pressing.. I know that I'm pressing as I can see it show up on the screen.

Sometimes it lags too when its searching for a dictionary word.. I'm coming from a blackberry bold which I can type relatively fast on to the droid which I have to slow way down to make sure it gets my key presses.. Very annoying, almost to the point that I want to return the phone. My girlfriend has an iphone and I can type as fast on it as my blackberry with no issues..

I've tried turning off all of the text correction services, etc.. it still misses my key presses.. Other folks at work are having the same issues..

Anyone?

BuckWeet

richie1378

Reaction score
Yep, I know exactly what you mean with the lag issue. It's just another issue that I hope gets addressed with the updates next month.

KungFuGeek

Reaction score
it may be the lack of multitouch for the keyboard app. if your using two thumbs, and one thumb is still touching the screen when the other one touches the next key, it will miss a letter.

Bugged the heck out of me at first, but i adapted to after a couple days of heavy texting.

xjman349

Reaction score
I am having the same problem and posted a thread. If you search you will find it. Same thing here tried the better keyboard app same thing, I just type too fast and the keyboard cant keep up.

JFDroid

Reaction score
I hope google includes multitouch keyboard, browser, and maps functionality in the next update, as well as a fix to wi-fi problems with certain security enabled routers, and the camera issues (which according to howardforums, the camera issue is fixed in beta builds of the software update we should see in December).

richie1378

Reaction score
You have to try this out!! Ok so I know I made an earlier post agreeing with the lag issue using the virtual keyboard. Well for the past several days I've seen positive comments bout "better keyboard" and I finally gave it a try this morning. It's OMG so much "better" and the lag is gone!!!! I'm gonna post a comment as well on Market Place too but I had to let everyone know that is concerned about the lag to try this app. out. The good thing is you have 24hrs to try and get a refund if not happy. Thanks Better Keyboard!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_ banana:

bacalao

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that. It helps to read about some issues, and see that somebody has found a solution and took the time to come back and share it.

kkwan77

Reaction score
I am having the same problem and posted a thread. If you search you will find it. Same thing here tried the better keyboard app same thing, I just type too fast and the keyboard cant keep up.

The only issue I've seen with Better Keyboard is that when I txt sometimes the text box will retract and I have to wait for it to come back. Better Android the creators say they're looking into it. Has anyone else experienced this?

mjs31

Reaction score
You have to try this out!! Ok so I know I made an earlier post agreeing with the lag issue using the virtual keyboard. Well for the past several days I've seen positive comments bout "better keyboard" and I finally gave it a try this morning. It's OMG so much "better" and the lag is gone!!!! I'm gonna post a comment as well on Market Place too but I had to let everyone know that is concerned about the lag to try this app. out. The good thing is you have 24hrs to try and get a refund if not happy. Thanks Better Keyboard!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_ banana:
I also like this app except predictive text bites compared to the Droids. I was assured today via email that they are working on this. Several have said this was the biggest issue.

danlo315

Reaction score

The only issue I've seen with Better Keyboard is that when I txt sometimes the text box will retract and I have to wait for it to come back. Better Android the creators say they're looking into it. Has anyone else experienced this?

I've experienced the same thing. It's quite annoying. I think it only happens to me when I first turn on my phone out of standby.