Virtual Keyboard in Portrait Mode

Goosetowner

Reaction score
The far right keys (p,l,del,and emoticon) on my onscreen keyboard have quit working and when depressed reflect the adjacent letter. Landscape mode is fine. This just happened last night and would not be related to any downloads etc. This seems to be system wide as the keys will not work in any application ie text, calendar, alarm setting. I have turned the phone completely off several times hoping a reset would help. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I have heard of dead zones happening on the droids touch screen. Can you check to see if that area will respond at all? If so could be hardware issue.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
G

Goosetowner

Reaction score
I have the same problem, any solutions?
It must be a known problem. Verizon replaced my phone with no questions asked. However, the replacement was refurbished and it was sure a pain to replace all of my apps and settings. If you replace your phone be sure to write down all of your apps and settings before activating the new phone.

OP
G

Goosetowner

Reaction score
I have heard of dead zones happening on the droids touch screen. Can you check to see if that area will respond at all? If so could be hardware issue.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
It worked fine in landscape mode with the same relative positions on the screen...