viewing photos

pursuant

Reaction score
Looks like I don't have a card in my phone so I connected my phone went to the camera folder opened it made a folder and put some jpgs from my pc into it. Now I can't figure out how to view these on the phone?

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. in ur menu where there's lots of diff icons, there should be a folder called Files? check to see if u have a sub folder named Album

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

OP
P

pursuant

Reaction score
it says my sd card is umounted or unavailable

OP
P

pursuant

Reaction score
opened my phone for the first time it seems I do have an SD card, does that make a difference?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
What phone do you have?

If your Sd card is not being recognized try:
Turn your phone off
Remove the card and reinsert. Make sure it is seated all the way.
Reboot.

I'm guessing your phone is stock and not rooted. Go to the market and download an app called Astro.

Open Astro. It will read your SD card and look for a file named DCIM. Your photos will be stored in DCIM.

Or you can mount/connect your phone to your computer. One your computer desktop click the icon that represents you phone (SD card). Look for DCIM.

If none of this works you man need to reformat your SD card. if you are uncomfortable go to VZW and ask them.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike

OP
P

pursuant

Reaction score
It is a stock as you figured and is not rooted ( I'm still trying to figure that out) I did download the app but can't seem to find it, not sure where it is. When I went to download it again, it showed that i could uninstall it, so its there somewhere, just doesn't show up on all my apps. any ideas?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
What phone do you have? You should have an app drawer which is accessed by the icon in the bottom center of your screen. To verify tap menu, tap settings, tap applications, Astro should be listed.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
hey sorry so long to reply. what if we go into settings, click on unmount sd card for safe removal, take the card out of phone, reinstall the card back into phone, go in settings again and then click the sd card option once more.
its possible it wasn't transferred at all. this has happened to me. so I basically had a card reader so used that instead to load pics from pc to sd card reader onto my phone. now this is just what I did so not sure it may work for u

OP
P

pursuant

Reaction score
I have a droid x 3g, sorry but I am still struggling with getting around in it. I have been a pc user for 30 years and its not quite the same. There are hard button on the phone one for setting, one for search, one home and one for back. I hit the one for setting , which takes me to application settings, and there is this app i downloaded but i have no access to it, I can merely uninstall if from that location. If there is something on the screen itself that shows settings I don't see it. When I touch the little circled arrow it takes me my apps and I see setting but I don't see anyway to "unmount my card"

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Don't be sorry, we wanna help. Mr Whartman may have other suggestions I'm sure.

OK to ur home menu, settings icon and click on it. There's an SD card & phone storage, yes? If so click on that. U should now see Unmount SD card which I click on it to unmount it. Open ur phone, pull it out. Now if u have a card reader (def recommend it even though some don't care for it) place it in that reader and plug the USB into ur PC. Once plugged in u should see a new drive populate. What we wanna do is see if ur card is the culprit. If u want, can also reformat ur card via phone. That may also be a problem. Something may not be able to load from ur jpgs on ur PC to ur card.

sent from my Hawaiian Xoom...ALOHA

OP
P

pursuant

Reaction score
I did both actions , unmounted it from the phone and then took out te card and put it into a reader. I both cases it brought up 3 folders, android.secure,Logs, Lost Dir. Its odd though, before I unmounted it I had other folders, one was called camera and I put a sub folder in it for pics and put some pics from my pc into it. It does not show up now.

OP
P

pursuant

Reaction score
is there a way just to look at file directory on the phone?

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
normally it would have as mr whartman said, DCIM which that's what u would see on the card directory to view. now did u format it yet? give it a try if not it maybe ur card is not good. something is corrupting it. is there a Gallery folder

OP
P

pursuant

Reaction score
yes I formatted it when I took the card out, it said it was erasing all data on the card
( this corresponds to formatting a disk on a pc , so I understand the process). There is a gallery icon and when I hit it, it says there are no pictures to display.
The card has 2 gigs of memory but the phone has 6 gigs of internal memory. There are a few photos that I have taken and some jpgs that i put in there. Are these stored on the card or on the internal memory.If on the card then they would be gone after formatting right? If on the phones internal memory they would still be there?
I am still confused about the file structure of the phone. When I first plugged it into my pc I did get a file called camera but it seems to have disappeared. I should say when I first connected the phone to the pc it was missing a driver, so I went to a verizon site and downloaded it. I also seem to have gotten a link( from downloading this driver) to a verizon page that opens when connecting the phone to my pc. It starts my browser and goes to a page suggesting I download Vcast to organize my media files. Could this be related?
Again thanks so much for you help and assistance