Videos and mms

scott craft

Reaction score
I can't seem to send videos in a message unless its about three seconds in length. I have the mms size set at 1200 kb and I don't know to make it larger. Any ideas would be appreciated, it sure it frustrating to not be able to share videos through texting.

Sent from my Rezound

OP
S

scott craft

Reaction score
If I use handcent do I need to do anything with the stock messaging app? I tried it the other day but I had the same issue, but I didn't make any changes to the stock messaging app.
Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

VidJunky

Reaction score
A third party app may help, but what I've found to be the case with this issue is old MMS and SMS messages taking up too much memory. You could just delete the old ones until it works, but I deleted them all. If you don't want to pick and choose, and it's probably the biggest messages you want to keep, that's just always the way, most third party apps will offer you some kind of backup or save option for your messages. I think Astro File Manager's backup will save MMS/SMS, and any backup app that's worth anything will offer messaging saves. Also, clear your FB cache, really any and all caches, but FB seems to be the main cause of memory loss affecting phone performance (this is reason #121 why FaceBook should be banned and removed from all devices). Mainly though clearing out your message history should help, then the cache thing if you're still having issues. Also if you're rooted disabling the stock app helps.

OP
S

scott craft

Reaction score
I havent had this phone long enough for the amount of messages stored to be an issue. I think the main problem is the stock mesaging app only allows message less than 1200 kb to be sent. Handcent ups that to 1.2 mb.

Sent from my Rezound

VidJunky

Reaction score
I havent had this phone long enough for the amount of messages stored to be an issue. I think the main problem is the stock mesaging app only allows message less than 1200 kb to be sent. Handcent ups that to 1.2 mb.

Sent from my Rezound
Yeah, is not the number of texts is the size. Since you're talking about making video texts I'm guessing you have a few already and some pic texts as well. Quantity is not as important as size when dealing with memory.
Did you try a third party app yet? Did that allow you to do the things you wanted?