Video won't play

ark(i)tek

Reaction score
Hi all. Had a weird thing happen. I had ripped a DVD to mp4 and transferred it to the Motorola Droid - worked fine, video was playing nicely.
The other day I was at my kid's soccer game - video wouldn't play - kept stuttering then giving an error message "sorry this video won't play" or something.
Anyway, the only thing that I could think that had changed on the phone since I last played the video was that I had added a few more apps and taken a few videos and pix on the phone.
Well - I went home and copied off all the videos I took on the droid and then erased them off the SD card.
Voila - the movie file played just fine after that.
Now I wonder - does there need to be some sort of min cache of SD card memory left over for a movie file to play?
Had anyone else had this happen?

OP
A

ark(i)tek

Reaction score
FYI - I have 10G free on the SD card NOW on the droid and the video plays fine as of this posting.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
FYI - I have 10G free on the SD card NOW on the droid and the video plays fine as of this posting.

The question is what did you have left over at the time you ran into this problem?

I kind of wonder that maybe in the process of rebooting your Droid that may have taken care of this issue for you. Sometimes that's all it needs is a simple reboot.

OP
A

ark(i)tek

Reaction score
Hookbill,
Tonight I will put the videos back on the phone and see if it causes the problem again - then post back what the available memory is.
Also - I did not reboot the phone - just copied the videos off.

Izzypup07

Reaction score
When I go to youtube or cbs.com, I can't get any clips to play. the error message I get is "Information: This content cannot play on this device".

I was able to play things when I first got the phone (12/09) but now I can't. I'm not trying to download or anything tricky. Just play, for instance, David Letterman's Top Ten Clip. I'm not as advanced as the rest of you. Still trying to understand the phone a little at a time.

Sad because I can't even play tutorials on youtube to figure out this phone!

Thanks in advance for your assistance. I didn't see this posted anywhere after looking for an hour.