VIDEO Shows Speed Difference Between Verizon LTE vs Verizon XLTE

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The video above is a quick speed test which tests the Verizon LTE network against the all new Verizon XLTE network. As you can see results will depend on your geographic location. In this test we don't see what XLTE is fully capable of, but Verizon hasn't promised a certain speed with XLTE their major claim is "double your current speed". In this video we can see that droidforums member "pwrdbykyank" is clearly getting double the speed with the phone on the XLTE network. XLTE is not new technology, just Verizon using their new spectrum they bought to free up more room for data to flow. Some users have experienced upwards of 80Mbps on the new XLTE although those results are not likely.

Original DF Thread

swc2001

Reaction score
Thats all well and good but unless you have unlimited data you will never get the use out of those speeds because you will constantly be worried about busting your Data limit. The whole Data package tiered system is a self made gimmick by AT&T and Verizon so they can make money on BIG overage fees.

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
I'm sure she would have liked to run the tests a few times to get an average speed, but she hit her data cap.

The speed test was done 3 times as shown in the video and all 3 times xlte was faster than the standard lte. :)

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmm, well my Moto X get's better speeds than my Galaxy Nexus, on the same LTE network. I think radio technology may have a lot to do with the differences in speed as well.

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
Hmm, well my Moto X get's better speeds than my Galaxy Nexus, on the same LTE network. I think radio technology may have a lot to do with the differences in speed as well.

Well to note, the Moto X is a XLTE band network phone, but from what I know the Galaxy nexus is not. So maybe that clarifies why your Moto X did better than the Galaxy nexus.