Video send

eyexam

Reaction score
I took a video and saved it (Moto Droid 2.1) and when I went to send it, it was over my email limit in size. I tried to tether to my computer but it only moved it over as a "picture", not a video. What am I doing wrong??

thanks
Jeff

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Connect your phone via usb
Pull down your status bar and press usb connected
and turn on usb storage
your computer should prompt a window which will allow you to select open folder to view files if not just hit start click computer and select removable disk
once inside this browse to the file and drag and drop it to your desktop or some where on your computer and that's it

OP
E

eyexam

Reaction score
video download

Connect your phone via usb
Pull down your status bar and press usb connected
and turn on usb storage
your computer should prompt a window which will allow you to select open folder to view files if not just hit start click computer and select removable disk
once inside this browse to the file and drag and drop it to your desktop or some where on your computer and that's it

Thanks- thought that's what I did but couldn't find the "video", just pictures. I'll give it another shot to see if I might have just missed it.

Also, just downloaded "Dropbox" so might give that a try as well.

THANKS
Jeff

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Videos seem to be in \DCIM\Camera on my SD card. Just not that they're in there along with the photos so be sure you're copying the correct file(s).

I tried to tether to my computer but it only moved it over as a "picture", not a video.
How did you determine it was "moved over as a picture"? AFAIK, this isn't possible. The file is whatever it is and copying doesn't change the file. Keep in mind that videos are in 3GP format (IIRC) and your PC may not be able to decode them.

Last edited:
OP
E

eyexam

Reaction score
Videos seem to be in \DCIM\Camera on my SD card. Just not that they're in there along with the photos so be sure you're copying the correct file(s).

I tried to tether to my computer but it only moved it over as a "picture", not a video.
How did you determine it was "moved over as a picture"? AFAIK, this isn't possible. The file is whatever it is and copying doesn't change the file. Keep in mind that videos are in 3GP format (IIRC) and your PC may not be able to decode them.

YEP- that was it; I thought that DCIM\ sounded familiar.....I was looking in the wrong directory.

Thanks!!
Jeff

anthony.selby

Reaction score
Android SendIT

I use Android SendIT ... (Searched the market for email Video .. it was the 2nd one down) ... it lets you email any video to anyone

it worked perfectly for me dancedroid