Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Sometimes it's best to take a step back and look at the funny side of life....or technology.

Enter Saturday Night Live. Earlier tonight, SNL did a parody of Verizon Wireless, where an "average Joe" walks into a Verizon store saying they've heard a lot of Verizon's 4G LTE network. The customer service rep (Bill Hader) starts talking about how fast the speeds are and all the different phones that they sell....making it sound as complicated (and funny) as possible. The end of the sketch simply says "Verizon. It's an old person's nightmare".

[video=youtube;dvL8WBrNHEk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvL8WBrNHEk&feature=player_embedded[/video]​

What do you think?
:D

** Update, the video has been blocked from youtube, however you can view it here: http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/verizon-ad/1384573

I love the tapatalk rendering of some of the posts here...
screenshot2012021201515.png

Funny video though.

Verizon can be a old and young persons nightmare. It is for me right now with them and my Bionic. Another story. but that commerical is so funny I'm still laughing hours on!

Would it surprise anyone if I said I've NEVER in my 23 years of living seen a full SNL episode? In fact I never even heard of SNL till I was like 13, and that was from random people. I think it was 2 years afterwards that I found out what SNL was.

Anyways, I think it's a cute clip. I think it would have been funnier with AT&T. Since, they're pushing 2 "4G" techs. Less then 5 months ago HSPA+ was super fast 4G, but now LTE is super^2 fast 4G. Now those 4G phones you got 5 months ago can't use this 4G! Even though they're both 4G! :D:D

Ahh it's so good! :D.
Do you realize how much advertising power VZW gets from this?! Another random thing is in the beginning he randomly mentioned the TB then continues on with all the brand new phones. Just thought that was funny in a random way.

Sent from the best phone on Verizon!

Ahh it's so good! :D.
Do you realize how much advertising power VZW gets from this?! Another random thing is in the beginning he randomly mentioned the TB then continues on with all the brand new phones. Just thought that was funny in a random way.

Sent from the best phone on Verizon!

Yep just posted on my fb.... :)

----posted maxx'ed out----

I remember when SNL actually used to be funny. Now they just try too hard but don't have the talent they once had.

Actually, the customer in that video is an actor on the show Portlandia and he did a great skit making fun of cell phone carriers that I posted on here a couple of weeks ago. His skit was hilarious and dead on. This SNL skit was more annoying than funny.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Funny!

I thought it was funny as hell, just because it was so representative of how cell phone company employees operate. They don't really know anything about what they are selling, they just have the names of the things that they are selling. I don't know, I think they need to up the ante on their "training" on new devices... or training in general. Training on what their network does and what it can do.

Droid Bionic, Stock Rooted .902, 4EverRoot

I got a good chuckle out of it :D, thanks for posting it up wicked!

I can't stand SNL, but that was a pretty good skit. I guess I'm not the average Joe as I understood everything he was saying:D

I lost it at "So you're a Native American":D:D:D

If you're not capable of understanding what 4G is, you deserve a 3G iPhone 4S on ATT.

wow someone needs to take a chill pill...damn take a joke...gosh

anyways kinda funny skit, i like how vzw did a in-show commercial showing basically their whole product line lol. but it is kinda true tho, why couldnt they just say hey 4g is lots faster than 3g and be done with it lol oh well good laughs... ha

Back