Video Review of 3 Hard Plastic Cases

kellex

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I've now purchased 3 different hard plastic cases for my droid and decided to whip out a quick video showing everyone which ones are a waste of money and which one is actually worth purchasing.

And let me know if you guys have found any others worth buying. The Body Glove one looks like too much of a case so I'd rather not go there.

Check out the video here

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Good review but you should have told viewers what those 2 first cases were so they don't go buy them : ) You only mentioned they were from accessory geeks and day deal

They were pretty bad.

OP
kellex

kellex

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure that they really have a brand name to tell you the truth. When you start buying accessories from these sites, they just send you the same generic stuff. The packaging just says "Wireless Accessories" but when you go to these sites, it's all the same stuff. So I just said the two websites, so that people would know to basically avoid their cases.

Hope that helps some. :)

savioAMG

Reaction score
I have a matte black version of the two cases you didn't get from Verizon, only difference is I bought mine from Verizon. I don't have any issues like you described in your videos. The portion that goes around the screen has never popped off nor is it loose, same with the bottom.

eddi3k

Reaction score

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
+1 for the Verizon hard case--I have the clear one. It stays on, I take the bottom of it off daily so I can dock it at work. It's tight, easy to get in / out of my front pocket and really couldn't ask for more.

- Mega

burner312

Reaction score
Do any of you know if Verizon is going to offer any other color options for the clear plastic case? The clear one is what I'll probably go with, but if they offered it in a green I'd be all over it.

eddi3k

Reaction score
+1 for the Verizon hard case--I have the clear one. It stays on, I take the bottom of it off daily so I can dock it at work. It's tight, easy to get in / out of my front pocket and really couldn't ask for more.

- Mega

cool. has the case been preventing dust getting under your screen?

GadgetRick

Reaction score
I have the VW clear plastic case. Finally took it off. Made the phone too bulky for my taste and dust was getting under the top piece like crazy. It's also a little too difficult to remove for cleaning and/or if you need to pull the battery.

I want a good silicon case. The hard plastic is too smooth (I know you can get some with silicon or something else on them) and too, well, hard.

My Droid is going nekkid for now.

OP
kellex

kellex

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The VW plastic case feels a little bulky but I'm telling you, it's the best plastic case on the market.

Funny thing is, I took it off the other day to clean off my phone, and I love the phone without a case...felt so light and looked so nice. But protection is needed! hah