Case for Droid X that works with Car Dock

meekster72

Reaction score
I found a video on youtube that shows a hard shell case that works with the motorola window mount car dock. The guy said that it works and he does show the case in the mount but the case is not on a phone its just the case because he is using his Droid X to shoot the video. But he does say that it does fit when the cover is on the phone. The case is made by Rocketfish and he says he got it at best buy. I looked it up and best buy has them for about $25. I have'nt bought one yet, I was hoping someone els would and confirm that it works. I have already spent about all the money I want to spend until I know for sure if it works.After paying $40 for the car dock and $25 for the case that wont work with the mount, Im just a little gun-shy about buying another case. If anybody confirms this I sure would like ta know about it. Check out the video on youtube and decide for yourself.

duxbustr

Reaction score
It works, a customer of mine bought the RocketFish from Best Buy and I put my X in the case and installed it with the insert removed from the window mount. 25.00 dollars is pricey for some plastic but it also worked in my holster as well. Amazon shows some cases that look the same from 2.00 - 6.00 dollars but I've not bought yet. I need to go back and see if this case will work now that I have bought an extended battery. X works with the extended battery with insert, to much crap to contend with.
Good luck.

Hotwire

Reaction score
If you want to save some money, I ordered all my stuff off ebay and am happy with it for my X..

I got a rubberized hard case from savingmore_4u(ebay store) for $6.45, a slipgrip windshield mount for $20 from eGeneral Merchandise Trade Center (ebay store), and screen protectors (5 for $2.69) from benxin (seller name, no store).

The case feels great and is easy to get on / off if needed, already protected the phone from one drop, it's a tad bulky though, but I prefer the ridge for the screen's protection. The slip grip is pretty cool, it's very sturdy, has a hole in the mount for the camera if you want to do driving video, but doesn't have a magnet to put the phone into dock mode. It bounces a little going down the road if it's free standing, but I've bent the neck so it rests on my dash and the problem was solved. I plan to use my phone to record my buddy running through the autocross, so this mount works perfect.

I was going to go w/ the verizon windshield mount, got one for my wife's D1, but I didn't want to have to remove my case to dock it and saw the slipgrip on ebay.