Video problems for Doid X

staceyg8

Reaction score
Hello Droid World. I've had my Droid X for about 3 weeks now and I'm finding that sometimes when I take a video (usually more than 30 seconds) that the phone doesn't seem to be able to open the video and play it. I get a error that reads " File cannot be displayed or played". Is this a defect of the phone? I still have time to return it. Any advice? Thanks

Last edited:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Sorry you are having issues with videos. I'm moving your thread to the X section where others who have the X will read and reply.

Mike

ejcrossl

Reaction score
same problem here, actually happens more than not. I have taken 10 videos, 7 do not work. Sorry, no suggestions for fix :(

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
hmm i havent taken video in quite some time but when i did i had no problems like that but i think this was before the 2.2 update but im not sure. Alot of these issues have been cropping out after the 2.2 update. But now with the 2.3 update(not gingerbread) supposedly these things are fixed. Idk if its fixed because i dont have it and well i have a ROM installed that works great.

big erick

Reaction score
open your video camera, go to settings and select vga. I bet your setting is on high def 720. that will also allow you to take up to an hour of video that you can actually watch!