Video MMS not working?

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Probably won't be in this build. You have to keep in mind this is a port with weekly updates from chinese devs. Its a lot to ask of jamezelle and metick to fix things like this when it will likely be addressed by miui

Sent from Miui - Thios Droid

r8rfan1010

Reaction score
Isn't there a way that I could copy a non-themed MMS.apk file onto my phone and get rid of the themed mms.apk for the ROM to get the video mms's to work for the time being?

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The theme has nothing to do with the.apk. Themes only replace .png and .jpg image files in a data folder. They have nothing to do with the function if the mms.apk. You can however extract an old working one and move to/system/app snd change permissions and reboot. Just rename the current one to add.bak on end instead of deleting it.

Sent from Miui - Thios Droid

mkw87

Reaction score
I am also experiencing the problem. Additionally, it won't let me attach a video file to send either.

FiremanJig

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this issue has been fixed with the new release?

As far as I can tell it doesn't seemed to be fixed. Does anyone know an easy workaround until it is fixed? I like the default program, but I don't like that I can't receive video or audio text messages.

r8rfan1010

Reaction score
I'd like to know that fix as well. Never realized how many videos or audio pics my kids send me until I'm not able to receive them anymore :-(

r8rfan1010

Reaction score
Is this going to be fixed in 12.17? I love this ROM but since I receive a lot of MMS videos and even pictures with sound attached they keep failing. I want to put MIUI back on my Droid 1 but I need my MMS to work so I'm right now using UD 2.5

Please address this issue developers. Thank you.

mke236

Reaction score
It is a valid issue so we could bring it to the dev because I am having this issue 2

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Same issue here. This is definitely an issue with the MIUI rom. No one here should take offense, or call someone out just for asking questions. We are not all on the same level of knowledge and experience, but we all agree that we love this rom and want it to be the best possible. For that to happen, bugs and inconsistencies need to be reported.

rev.buttons

Reaction score
I'm going to 26th this issue also. I received a few vids that were only in pic form. I just thought my bro was stupid and didn't know how to send a pic. But today I was tring to send a vid and it wouldn't allow me to. I do hope it gets fixed. This is the only way some of my fam get to see my daughter.
Rev.

BP Legend

Reaction score
Doesn't work for me either. I tried handcent as well...no luck. I'm on OG droid/ MIUI 0.12.11.0

In MIUI mms, all I get is the text when I click on it. Although, in the background I see; ([email protected]).

Can't wait till this is fixed. Only other real prob for me is the stock music player stops (not crashing) at times...regardless if I'm using other apps or not. This operating sytem does rule though.

MIUI:yr1: