Video Media Types

sniperJim

Reaction score
OK....lets try this again....since you guys seem to be light years ahead of me....LOL.... What is a good type of video format for playback on my droid running the 2.1 software?

Thanks for all your help and understanding.

Jimdancedroid

D

dvdcatalyst

OK....lets try this again....since you guys seem to be light years ahead of me....LOL.... What is a good type of video format for playback on my droid running the 2.1 software?

Thanks for all your help and understanding.

Jimdancedroid

H264 MP4, 700-800Kbps (for good quality) or up to 1500Kbps (the maximum supported, overkill-quality to show off your phone) 128-256Kbps Stereo Audio in AAC format, 854x480 (or as some people believe that it has to be in parts of 16 (which is theory only), 848x480) as a screensize.

The advanced format settings are the same as for iPod/iPhone video formats or Blackberry MP4 files.

There are plenty of threads on this forum that provide information on how to convert your DVDs and video files, so rather than starting a new thread, please use the search for that.

D

dvdcatalyst

here is a link i found, like the software so much im gonna buy it

Thanks for your input Archangel, the OP was not asking for a conversion tool, (there are plenty of threads about that already anyway) but asked for what formats are supported.

With the software you linked to, i find that the $35 asking price is a bit high for a tool that only converts video files. If you want to convert DVDs, you have to purchase another application.

The reason they ask such a high price is because they use an affiliate system that pays out 75% of the purchase price to affiliates, so if someone pointed you to their website, they will get about $25 from your $35.

There are plenty of free solutions available:

Handbrake, supports most video files, and if you install DVD43(free) or AnyDVD (not free), it will work with DVDs as well. Do a search on these forums to find the correct settings to use.

XVID4PSP,unlike the name suggests, it actually works for other devices as well. Its a little slow, and does not work with DVDs. Do a search on these forums to find the correct settings to use.

DVD Catalyst Free for Droid (versions for other devices available as well), free, works with DVDs as well as video files, and has the settings set correctly for the Droid and Droid X.

Just do a search for any of them on these forums to find out more information.