video icons and titles

Innerchaos

Reaction score
so I have been ripping my personal dvd collection to wmv10 format so I can play them on my xbox and now the same files work on my phone...

my problem is this when you go to the gallery and select videos it shows a square black or green icon and a play button but there is no title.

is there a way to associate a thumbnail to the video so I can scan my dvd cover and create a picture..

currently I am just using the file browser and navigating to my movies directory and selecting on whatever movie I want to play.

but I am sure that there must be a way to utilize the gallery so I dont have to navigate through the file browser

D

dvdcatalyst

so I have been ripping my personal dvd collection to wmv10 format so I can play them on my xbox and now the same files work on my phone...

my problem is this when you go to the gallery and select videos it shows a square black or green icon and a play button but there is no title.

is there a way to associate a thumbnail to the video so I can scan my dvd cover and create a picture..

currently I am just using the file browser and navigating to my movies directory and selecting on whatever movie I want to play.

but I am sure that there must be a way to utilize the gallery so I dont have to navigate through the file browser

Not with Gallery.

It creates a screenshot from the video somewhere between the 5 and 15 second mark (random) and ignores things like MP4 tags or "album art".

There are plenty of video players in the market (Act1 for example) that do display titles / filenames, but unfortunately gallery does not.

OP
I

Innerchaos

Reaction score
Not with Gallery.

It creates a screenshot from the video somewhere between the 5 and 15 second mark (random) and ignores things like MP4 tags or "album art".

There are plenty of video players in the market (Act1 for example) that do display titles / filenames, but unfortunately gallery does not.

thats a shame... well I guess I download even more apps to replace the pre-packaged ones.

Thanks for the reply :)