[VIDEO] How To Root Droid RAZR HD, Razr Maxx HD, Razr M via MotoFail2Go

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have not rooted, but I did install the Verizon leaked Jelly Bean file that hit the web today. Love it!

It's a leak, so YMMV, but it is an official one from VZW, signed, installs via the stock bootloader and recovery just like any other official update. Download it, install it, done.

leutbneot

Reaction score
Mac?

Any way to do this with a Mac? I don't have access to Windows. Also, are the RAZRs HD and MAXX really that much better than the M? I LOVE the M's form factor, but it's ****ING SLOW!

Thanks!

Also, MotoBlur is garbage. I MISS MY GNEX!

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Any way to do this with a Mac? I don't have access to Windows. Also, are the RAZRs HD and MAXX really that much better than the M? I LOVE the M's form factor, but it's ****ING SLOW!

Thanks!

Also, MotoBlur is garbage. I MISS MY GNEX!

It is fast as hell on Jelly Bean, moderately fast on ICS. On ICS, my HTC EVO 4G LTE was faster and smoother with Sense. But I do kinda like this latest version of Motoblur. Stock Android is kinda bland. There is something to be said for simplicity, but it looks outdated, unpolished and boring IMHO...

sal56

Reaction score
So close but it didn't work for me.

I unboxed my Razr Maxx last night and I've spent hours tonight trying to do my first root on it. Nothing is working. I followed your instructions to the letter but the power button + volume up rocker = nothing for me. I've tried Super One Click already and it just freezes up whilst rooting. Any ideas??

ThatKasper

Reaction score
Ditto...brand new Razr Maxx HD out of box yesterday and continuously fails root even though I get no errors or any indication that it didn't work. Any ideas on this supposedly "simple" process would be greatly appreciated because as most are probably aware one cannot simply restore anything from their old Droid to a new one with Titanium without being rooted. Gracias!

Lovely91

Reaction score
My phone is droid razor m and when I rooted my phone with motofail2go I received superuser but it just a pretty face. I still don't have root access and now my tilt on my phone doesn't work. Is there another program because I'm trying to fix my ps3 rsod with a boot loader using my droid but it needs to be rooted

Jurak

Reaction score
I am trying to do this and i can not trigger a bug report. I am not getting the second vibrate letting me know that it has been triggered. Need some help. Thanks

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Are you on ICS? Are you press the buttons at the same time? The second vibration takes a couple of seconds to trigger.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2