Video Demo of Google Coversation Mode

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;gTjbjtS9Pjw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTjbjtS9Pjw&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Last week we shared with you that Google's Translate App turned 1 Year old and received a new feature called Conversation Mode. Above we have a video of this in action. It obviously needs a lot of work, but is still impressive to say the least. We really are seeing the painful birth of a 'Star Trek-like' universal translator... at least for languages that you program it with. It will probably take a tiny bit of time for us to develop an algorithm that can instantly learn new languages. ;)

Source: Phonearena

Zargon

Reaction score
I've played around with it the past few days. It seems to have a lot of trouble working properly when there is any background noise.

jakethegringo

Reaction score
Google translate Fail

the funny thing about the video is it only got the first and last ones right. the rest wouldn't have made sense to a Spanish speaking person. as much as i hate to admit it, translation fail google!

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
the funny thing about the video is it only got the first and last ones right. the rest wouldn't have made sense to a Spanish speaking person. as much as i hate to admit it, translation fail google!

well he only did three things...so 2/3 aint bad...

jakethegringo

Reaction score
lol

well he only did three things...so 2/3 aint bad...

Well, i guess i was counting hello. lol! But 50% isnt bad too! it beats not understanding ANYTHING! Trust me, i would know!