Video Converter

o0HERO0o

Reaction score
I am trying to find a video converter that I can use with the Moto Droid. I have been using "Any Video Converter" but I have been unable to get the settings correct to view the video on my Droid. Does anybody have any ideas or settings that I need to have to get the videos to play on my Droid?

OSX2000

Reaction score
I always use mencoder H.264 with a bitrate of 1500k or less (and no bigger than 848x480), and AAC audio at 128-160k, all wraped up in an MP4 file, and they work every time on the Droid.

jgumphress

Reaction score
Download RealPlayer on your PC. It's free and has built in converters for Droid and tons of other devices. And now there is also a RealPlayer app in the Market to compliment it.

techRob

Reaction score
I see this site mentioned often: Tools4Movies, Official home of DVD Catalyst . There is even an Android specific section on the site.

Co-Sign.dancedroid You may want to tweak the settings (if you're like me, you want the best quality at the lowest filesize). Either way, not only does this CONVERT from one filetype to another (e.g. .AVI to .MP4) without any problem, you can use it to convert from DVD to whatever file format. It has a built in decoder / ripper - freakin' fabulous! Not to mention, a single pass encode (on my laptop anyways) takes about half of the time that the movie / tv-show would take to simply play (even from the DVD). Best $10 I ever spent! :icon_ banana:

Handbrake is also a pretty good one - I was using that before DVD Catalyst. But DVD Catalyst is such an amazing all-in-one converter. It can even convert a .MKV file to a .AVI w/out any problems (if setup correctly).